eyre?

for a middle name? I’m kind of a literature nerd… also, my middle name is [name]Erin[/name]. I would only use this for a girl. What do you think?

[name]How[/name] is this pronounced? [name]Irie[/name]?

it’s pronounced like air… it’s from the novel [name]Jane[/name] Eyre by [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Bronte[/name].

I think it could definitely work for a middle name if the novel is meaningful to you. You could also easily use [name]Bronte[/name] or even [name]Jane[/name] to represent the novelist’s impact on you.

I think it would make a good middle name choice, it would have meaning to you & be unique to your daughter plus it has a lovely sound

Wow, I never thought of Eyre… But I [name]LOVE[/name] it! My mn is [name]Erin[/name] and I think Eyre is a great way to reflect [name]Erin[/name] without naming the kid after myself, and its very unique. People may have sp/pn issues because they’ve only ever read or heard of it through the novel but I wouldn’t let that deter me at all with a mn.

[name]Love[/name] it :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard Eyre before but I have to say that I love it! It sounds gorgeous (so does [name]Erin[/name] by the way)!

Never before thought of using Eyre as a name, even though I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Jane[/name] Eyre. Eyre could be a really beautiful middle name, especially if you can work it out to honor someone!

I’m so glad that you all like it! I don’t think pronunciation will be an issue since I would probably only use it in the middle spot. jerinnyx, I think it would be a great way to incorporate your mn too. I’m really loving this for a mn now! Especially a second mn… Like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] Eyre or something…

I love it! I’ve never thought of it before either but it’s really beautiful. It’s one of the best middle name ideas I’ve heard in a good while.