Ezra??

What is your opinion on [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you hate it, like it, love it?

What kind of kid do you picture?

Thanks!

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]! Perfect on a kid and an adult. I picture a little kid, who’s always getting into a little bit of trouble, but sweet enough that it gets forgotten the second he smiles.

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I think it’s extremely versatile, so I could see it on any type of guy. I lean toward him being more of the quiet, intellectual type though.

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]! I picture a cheeky little boy but also a quiet intelligent little boy. I agree, I can see it on any type of person

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I do not have a picture of one certain type of person.

I love love love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. The only thing that bothers me is that some people who haven’t heard it before think it sounds like a girl’s name, which I don’t get at all. I think this name is versatile and fits young and old alike.

I love the name [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I imagine a boy with dark hair and blue or green eyes and a boyish grin. I imagine an [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] as a smart, thoughtful type who is probably more comfortable playing tennis than basketball.

I love it! I do think of the character on Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars, and while the character seems to be going in a negative direction, I think of the qualities he has had throughout the series; bookish, intellectual, kind of indie & introspective.

I could picture it on a little kid just as well.

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]! I have a 7-year-old named [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], and I love his name more and more all the time. I must say that it is my favorite of all my kids’ names. My [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is happy-go-lucky, giggly, athletic, artistic and social. Everybody loves [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. It is a definite awesome name! Go for it!

Sorry, not really a fan of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], although it’s a boys name it has always sounded like a girls name to me.

I like [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] a lot! It’s been on my list as a middle fairly consistently–first as [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u], then [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Saxon[/name_m], and now as [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] again. (And I’ve been thinking about [name_m]Grant[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Saxon[/name_m], as well!)

I don’t love it so much as a first, but I do love it as a middle (but [name_m]Josef[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] would be super cool as brothers). My sister and I were looking at your other thread this morning, and it’s one of the few she said met her approval (ha! little sisters.). (She seemed to think the lot of them sounded like they should be trying to hard to try out for a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek movie, but I really don’t understand that? And I wholeheartedly disagree! I couldn’t find the thread, for some reason, but I wanted to add that I really, really love [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], and [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] from those! I’ve toyed around with [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] in the past on my own list–still really love them–and very likely could add [name_m]Linus[/name_m] to my list this time around.)

But yeah. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is tres cool. :slight_smile: I picture a quirky little friendly kid, smart, maybe a bit geeky, but adored by a lot of people. I actually sort of picture this little boy I know–whose name is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]–with longer soft brown hair, kind of quiet, around 9 years old. This summer he came to the inner-city vacation Bible school my church held in the closest city, and he’s been coming to the inner city ministry we hold monthly in the same building in his community. He’s a cute kid, always craving attention and he just soaks up any information put in front of him. He’s a great big brother, too.

So glad that there are so many positive responses to [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]!

@ashthedreamer… So funny that your sister connects my names with star trek! I have heard of the show of course but NEVER seen it so I have no idea why she would connect that1 LOL
I also really like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]! Great combo!

I can’t picture it on a boy since there a quite a few girls with turkish roots named [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] here. When I first heard that it’s considered a boy name in quite a few countries, I was shocked!

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. In fact, I had just come on nameberry to possibly post a thread on [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. It’s a name I always give a big enthusiastic thumbs up to whenever there is a post asking about it. But, I’ve never asked dh about it for our own baby. I guess I thought it maybe was too cool for us. I asked dh about it over email this morning and he gave a very positive response.

For me the “z” and the “r” makes the name very strong while the soft vowel ending and beginning sounds balances it out. I also think of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Keats[/name_u] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] Pound. I asked my kids about it and my sons both really liked it though my 8 year old did initially think it was a girl name. Interestingly he still liked it for a boy. My 9 year old daughter didn’t like it and said it sounded like a name from the 1700s.

I have to say that [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is not my favorite, but by no mean is it a bad name. I picture a boy older than his years, with the weight of the world heavy on his shoulders. He is quiet, thoughtful, and when he speaks people listen. He wears glasses and is extremely intelligent. His circle of friends is very close, and he will only associate with people who provide thoughtful discussion, not idle chatter.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is fabulous.

Sensitive, creative, talented yet also plenty masculine and historical/Biblical.

I love names with a “Z” sound.

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and have tried to sell it to my husband as a name for our child however he insists that it sounds like a girls name and his mother and his friends I’m way out voted on this cute name!

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. My husband gave this name to our dog, though (he says that he named him [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] b.c we got him at the Pound) so it is out for a kid name for us. But coincidentally enough, our close friends are in the process of adopting a 3 year old boy named [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. He was already named, they aren’t naming him after our dog.

I adore [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I don’t have an image of an [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] in my head though.

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], too. I can picture the name on all types of boys, all races, and all ethnicities. It’s a great name. It’s distinct and memorable. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] was on my short list up until the very end. In fact, I could easily use it on a second son one day.