Fadell?

I’m not saying I’m considering it. But it would be after a worthy namesake. It has the nickname [name]Dell[/name] (or [name]Del[/name]) which I [name]LOVE[/name]! Anyway, what do you think?

Is [name]Fidel[/name] Castro the namesake you were referring to? [name]Even[/name] though they are spelled differently, they do sound the same (at least the way I would say it,) so that is who comes to mind for me. If that’s not what you were going for, then please don’t think I’m being sarcastic because I do know some people who are big fans of Mr. Castro! [name]Just[/name] wanted to make sure you’re aware that some people would likely make that connection when they heard the name.

Haha, no, [name]Fidel[/name] Castro is definitely not a worthy namesake in my opinion! And I actually didn’t realize the connection until after I posted this. I think it would be a cool name if it weren’t for him ruining it. It would actually be for [name]Tony[/name] Fadell who invented the iPod and iPad and recently quit so he can help the environement (as if drastically reducing the amount of materials used to to make CDs wasn’t a help, and now with the iPad reducing the amount of paper by putting books and soon magazines and newspapers on one little device, amazing!). I think he’s amazing and will prove to be one of the greatest minds of our time, though he’s not totally appreciated yet! So I thought it would be awesome to name a baby after him. And I happen to adore [name]Del[/name]… and the letter F.

Maybe it would be ok as a middle name? Or would it be better to use [name]Anthony[/name], which is also my m-i-l’s maiden name… but just lacks pizazz for me.

Oh, and it sounds a little bit different when I saw Fadell and [name]Fidel[/name]… but not different enough. Plus it doesn’t really matter how I say it, this is one situation where it matter what other people think.

I would use [name]Anthony[/name] since that seems to be awesome to have so much meaning in one name. There’s also [name]Susan[/name] B. [name]Anthony[/name], who I think is a worthy namesake.

I love the soft ‘F’ sound and [name]Dell[/name] is a cute nickname and I liked it up until I said it out loud and realized it sounds a lot like the word ‘Fatal’

Hmm, it doesn’t sound anything like Fatal when I say it, so that doesn’t really bother me. Plus, this sounds weird but it’s a REALLY long story, the word ‘fatal’ actually has a super awesome meaning for me, which has nothing to do with death but everything to do with how my grandparents met, haha. So anyway, “fatal” issue aside, what do you think of Fadell?

[name]Fay[/name], [name]Susan[/name]. B. [name]Anthony[/name] IS a great namesake. It makes more sense to use [name]Anthony[/name], but it’s just blah to me. Though I may end up using it as a middle someday anyway. My son’s middle is [name]David[/name] and I was never a big fan of that name. Meaning trumps all for me!

[name]Do[/name] you think Fadell would work as a middle? I’m grabbing at straws here. The more I realize it doesn’t work the more I want it to! It’s funny because this doesn’t even seem like a name I would like at all.

It could be kind of like in [name]Juno[/name] when he says “Like the city in Alaska?” and she says “No”… “Like [name]Fidel[/name] Castro?” “No, like [name]Tony[/name] Fadell, the inventor.”

[name]Lyndsay[/name],

I think [name]Tony[/name] Fadell is such a cool namesake and [name]Dell[/name] is a great nickname! It doesn’t really sound like “fatal” when I say it, either (I put more of a stress on the [name]DELL[/name] part). However, I do prefer it as a middle name.

:slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Cecily[/name] (love your name SO much, by the way!). I’m glad to hear your positive comments. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too much like [name]Fidel[/name] even for a middle name? Think we could use it as a middle and call him [name]Del[/name]? Though I generally would prefer to pick a first name that I loved so much I wouldn’t want to use his middle as a nickname… but maybe something classic…

[name]Thomas[/name] Fadell
[name]William[/name] Fadell
[name]John[/name] Fadell
[name]Robert[/name] Fadell
all with the nickname [name]Dell[/name]… possible?

Bah, ok, I think I’m over it. The more I look at the weirder it looks. Hey and I just realized I could call my son [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Dell[/name], couldn’t I? Maybe I’ll call him Dashadell tomorrow.

I love your son’s name!

I think [name]Dell[/name] could work as a nickname for [name]Dashiell[/name]. If both [name]Dashiell[/name] and Fadell can shorten to [name]Dell[/name], they might be too close as brothers.

:slight_smile:

Hey! [name]Just[/name] stopping by to say hello. :slight_smile: I was so happpy to see one of your threads. And by the way, I love the idea of calling [name]Dashiell[/name] “[name]Dell[/name].”

Have a good night!