Family names

Lately I’ve been looking at family names and wanting to use them for a future child. I’m not expecting, just curious what others think.
All these names used for the combos are in my direct family tree and have a significant meaning to me because of who they’re honoring.

• [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
    Which spelling is better, [name_u]Indy[/name_u] or [name_u]Indie[/name_u]?
  • [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
    Still not completely sold on [name_m]William[/name_m]. Does it flow?

Would it be weird to have a [name_m]Ford[/name_m] and an [name_u]Indie[/name_u]? Too race car related?

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] feel to share any names you think would go with those names.
Thanks!

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is darling! I get very sweet southern vibes from it!

[name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is nice, and I definitely prefer this spelling to [name_u]Indy[/name_u].

[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is very handsome, but I agree that with [name_u]Indie[/name_u] it feels too car related. [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] also flows nicely.

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] are adorable! Beautiful names! :butterfly: :hibiscus: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I prefer the spelling [name_u]Indie[/name_u].
[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is a very handsome name. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] has a nice flow and I think [name_m]William[/name_m] is perfect for the middle name spot. Perhaps, [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]?
I’m not really into car racing, to be honest, so I don’t really know why [name_m]Ford[/name_m] and [name_u]Indie[/name_u] would sound weird in a sibset. :sweat_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I like both names but I’m just not sold on the combo. [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is gorgeous, my favourite spelling is actually [name_f]Indi[/name_f] but [name_u]Indie[/name_u] is nice too. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds very handsome. As with the previous poster, I’m also not into cars so I can’t see the connection between [name_m]Ford[/name_m] and [name_u]Indie[/name_u]! Is it really obvious?

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is such a sweet mix of cutesy and classic. [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is unexpected but lovely!
[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is strong and cool. I think it flows well

[name_f]Posey[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is really cute. [name_f]Posey[/name_f] isn’t my favorite name but if it has meaning and sounds nice to you, keep it!

I like [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]–definitely going with [name_u]Indie[/name_u] for a girl, for some reason [name_u]Indy[/name_u] seems more masculine to me (could be the [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] association).

[name_m]Ford[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is nice, feels like a strong name to me.

I honestly wouldn’t have noticed the [name_u]Indie[/name_u]-[name_m]Ford[/name_m] connection, then again my most exposure to the racing world is Pixar’s Cars, so yeah. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] definitely is associated with the car, but I wouldn’t have noticed [name_u]Indie[/name_u] if you hadn’t pointed it out.