Famous People/Pop Culture name references

This is where we go to ask about issues with the site, right? Ok, I was looking at the famous people/pop culture sections of some name pages, and I noticed that some references were missing, and some had even been spammed. But when I tried to add/fix anything, it doesn’t save the changes. I thought it might be because I wasn’t logged in, but I’m logged in now and it still won’t work. [name_f]Do[/name_f] other people have this problem or is it just me? I know it’s not really a big deal, it just bothers me when I don’t see a reference that I think is well-known enough to be on there. And it ESPECIALLY bothers me to see spam that I can’t remove.

Can you link me to some of the spam examples, @lindseylovestheatre?

I will check if this works for me or not.

I don’t remember all the ones I saw that were spammed (there weren’t very many) but I do remember this one had spam in the pop culture section. Unnecessary information about dogs named [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. If I remember or find anymore I’ll link them here.

1 Like

Hi @lindseylovestheatre – That is concerning and I appreciate the heads up, but I just went to [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and was able to add something. But some visitors have trouble with things like commenting or posting and so that might be the problem. We’ll see what @katinka turns up or if anyone else posts here with issues so we can try to solve. Thanks!

I am also able to edit those sections as normal.

@lindseylovestheatre

To help us identify where the problem might be, are you able to:

1. Try in private/incognito browsing mode (what browser do you use?)

2. Try a different browser

3. Try clearing your cookies and cache

And let me know if any of that makes a difference? Thank you :pray:

I’m using Chrome, which I hear is causing lots of problems for people trying to use the site. I tried in private mode and in [name_u]Safari[/name_u] (I’m on a MacBook) but neither one worked (unless it takes a few minutes for changes to register in the system). I’m kinda dumb and don’t know how to clear cookies or even what a cache is… :joy: but I’ll try to figure it out. Maybe only admins can do changes??

Thank y’all for responding so quickly and trying to figure this out with me!

1 Like

Those sections are wiki so everyone should be able to edit.

Changes shouldn’t take a while to register.

Here is a step-by-step guide to clearing cookies and cache on Chrome: