Fantasy boy name!

Berries, I need your help.

I’m working on this fantasy story and I’ve been struggling to find the right name for an important male character. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since last night, I’m leaning towards [name_m]Will[/name_m] as a nickname. So do any of you have a name that could be shortened to [name_m]Will[/name_m] that I could use? Not [name_m]William[/name_m], obviously I’m looking for something kind of unusual.

I came across Wilkin and Wilek but they just sound made up and I don’t like made up names…

Thanks

[name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m]
Wilmos
[name_m]Wilko[/name_m]
[name_m]Willard[/name_m]
Wieland
[name_m]Wilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilburn[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilford[/name_m]
[name_m]Willis[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilson[/name_m]

[name_m]Willis[/name_m]
[name_m]Willard[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilmer[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfredo[/name_m]
Willesone
[name_m]Willmar[/name_m]
Wilmod

I like Willesone, [name_m]Willard[/name_m], [name_m]Wilmer[/name_m] and [name_m]Willfred[/name_m]. I found [name_m]Wiley[/name_m] and Wielladun (Polish, means conqueror, cool right?). Or maybe try something like [name_m]Waylan[/name_m], [name_u]Wyn[/name_u], Wythe, [name_u]Wynter[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Winston[/name_m], or other names that start with w.
On a sidenote, if you like [name_m]William[/name_m] I don’t see why not use it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] pair it with a great last name. Good luck!

Thanks for all of your suggestions I didn’t know there were that many [name_m]Will[/name_m]- names! I like wandarine suggestion of [name_m]Willem[/name_m] or [name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m].

[name_m]William[/name_m], really? I really like the name but I fear it’s not uncommon. It’s a fantasy story and my characters evolve in a different world so I try and make the names uncommon. To name a few, my main character is called Cariad. It’s welsh. Some other important characters are [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], [name_m]Octavian[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], [name_f]Leda[/name_f], [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]”, [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]… Won’t [name_m]William[/name_m] stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of those?