Fantasy families

I posted this in the sibsets section, hoping to get some comments on them, but so far nobody has. I figured it might get more attention if I put it here, since most of these are not real children.

Part of the problem with being a baby-name fanatic is that I tend to fall in love with thousands of names, but I know that I can only use so many. So, over the years, I have composited multiple virtual families with their children. This time, since I am not limited to sibsets in the writers’ corner, I will also post the couples that I associate with these lists. I’ll only use the last initial for the characters I modeled after real people. The others are fabrications as far as I know.

[name]Darius[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] Dobbs & [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Anne[/name] Dobbs
[name]David[/name] [name]Scott[/name] Dobbs
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] Dobbs “[name]Rae[/name]-[name]Rae[/name]”
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Schuyler[/name] Dobbs “[name]Danny[/name]”

[name]David[/name] [name]Scott[/name] Dobbs & [name]Michelle[/name] [name]Louise[/name] L Dobbs
[name]Amethyst[/name] Poinsettia Dobbs “[name]Mysti[/name]”
[name]Dalton[/name] [name]David[/name] Dobbs “3-D”
Shuyler [name]Emmanuel[/name] Dobbs “[name]Leo[/name]”
Hosanna Corinthia Dobbs “[name]Sanna[/name]” & [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] Dobbs “[name]Sera[/name]”

As I have stated before, [name]Dawn[/name] is not definite for [name]Serenity[/name]'s middle name because I think it is kind of plain and filler compared to the rest of them. For that matter, I am not so sure [name]Serenity[/name]'s first name has enough frills for my tastes, either.

[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] Dobbs P. & [name]Dominick[/name] [name]Vinciente[/name] P.
[name]Ashley[/name] [name]Marie[/name] P. “Ashey”
[name]Ariana[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] P. “[name]Ari[/name]”
Agnolo [name]Vinciente[/name] P. “[name]Nolly[/name]”

[name]Ashley[/name] is [name]Dominick[/name]'s real daughter, though I doubt she goes by Ashey, especially since she is eleven years old now. I always felt a little disappointed in her name, though, since [name]Dominick[/name] has such a very distinctively Italian last name, and I always thought they could have done so much better in naming her. [name]Ariana[/name] is the name I secretly thought I would have used instead, and Agnolo seemed to fit in when I needed an A name. [name]Remember[/name] that the “gn” is pronounced “ny” in Italian.

[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Schuyler[/name] Dobbs & [name]Monica[/name] [name]Renee[/name] Dobbs
[name]Caitriona[/name] [name]Maire[/name] Dobbs “Caiti” & [name]Siobhan[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] “[name]Vonnie[/name]”
[name]Aidan[/name] [name]Padruig[/name] Dobbs “[name]Danny[/name]”

As you can see, I kind of went on a Celtic kick for a while. This bunch is a combination of Irish, Scottish and Welsh all in one family.

[name]Jeremy[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] “J.D.” & [name]Tara[/name]-[name]Sue[/name] Dickies
[name]Phillip[/name] [name]Tod[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] “[name]Pip[/name]” & [name]Aurora[/name] Vixie [name]Winthrop[/name] “[name]Rory[/name]”

My Disney set. [name]Phillip[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] are from Sleeping Beauty and [name]Tod[/name] and Vixie are from The [name]Fox[/name] and the Hound. Also, if anyone has suggestions on how I might expand that last sibset, I would be happy to see them. Nothing weird or overly obvious like [name]Mickey[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] or [name]Cinderella[/name], though, please.

Fun idea! I love [name]Amethyst[/name] Poinsettia, Hosanna Corinthia and [name]Caitriona[/name] [name]Maire[/name].

This site has a bunch of Disney names:

Thank you! If I do ever get to have a daughter, I definitely plan on using [name]Amethyst[/name] Poinsettia. In this world of Mighkayllahs and Ckaytlains, I do not think her name will be too much of a source of teasing. [name]Even[/name] her nickname, [name]Mysti[/name], should not cause her too many problems. Actually, I came up with the name because [name]Amethyst[/name] is sort of my own make-believe island and Mt. Poinsettia is the name of the most prominent volcano on the island. I have had many different responses to that name over the years, but I do not think anyone other than me has ever actually said they loved it before. Although, when I mentioned her middle name to my current on-again-off-again boyfriend, his reaction was, “Poinsettia? Hmmm, pretty, but deadly…I like it!” I think I kissed him when he said that.

My two cents…I think there are too many D-D names. I count 4. Its not a crazy amount, but if it was me I wouldn’t have so many. But I do like [name]Dalton[/name] [name]David[/name] Dobbs, even if you were to change each of those names I like the idea of the 3 D-starting names. [name]Reading[/name] your post I got the idea to name a character in one of my stories [name]Darien[/name] [name]Zander[/name] [name]Dalton[/name] or some other D surname.
I like all your girl names, especially Hosanna Corinthia (wow!) and [name]Rory[/name] is such a cute nickname for [name]Aurora[/name], but I wonder why you spell it Poinsettia instead of Pointsettia or Pointsetta? [name]Just[/name] curious.
I also agree that [name]Dawn[/name] is not the right middle name for [name]Serenity[/name]. And if you are unsure about [name]Serenity[/name], there are other very similar names: Seleta, [name]Selene[/name], [name]Serena[/name], [name]Selena[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name]… and just randomly looking for middle names that could work with some of these S names I found [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Serenity[/name] [name]Blair[/name] (a little weird?), Seleta [name]Emerald[/name], [name]Selene[/name] [name]Crystelle[/name], [name]Selena[/name] [name]Gaelle[/name] or [name]Selena[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Yvette[/name]/[name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Yvonne[/name] or [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Tauria[/name] or [name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Jewel[/name] or [name]Serena[/name] [name]Maureen[/name]. (sorry I’ve been really bored…these probably suck)
Am I right that [name]Siobhan[/name] is pronounced shao-vhan?

[name]Glad[/name] you like Hosanna Corinthia. I actually started liking the name [name]Sanne[/name] first and was looking for a longer name that it could be short for. Then I thought of Hosanna and was hooked. I came up with Corinthia because my favorite Bible verse is 1 Corinthians 13:13, “And so abide faith, hope, love, these three, and of these, the greatest is love.” Originally, I was going to use it as a first name, but I loved how it sounded with Hosanna. I could tell an interesting story with just about all of my girl names, actually. I just wish I could get the chance to use at least one of them on a real child, but at 33 years old, I am wondering if I ever will.

The numerous D-D names were on purpose. As this particular story goes, traditionally, the boys all have the initials D.S.D. I was originally going to continue the tradition with the two brothers’ children, but I fell in love with the nickname “3-D,” so I simply switched up my themes a little bit. Then, I also fell in love with [name]Schuyler[/name]'s name, and decided it belonged with [name]David[/name]'s family set instead of [name]Danny[/name]'s since I had [name]Danny[/name]‘s daughters’ names in place long before that.

As for [name]Serenity[/name]'s name, I am not entirely sure I would even stick with an S name at this point. [name]Serenity[/name] was originally part of another set from a while back that I forgot to post:

[name]Trinity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Trini[/name]”
[name]Jameson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] “[name]Jamie[/name]”
[name]Dalton[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] “Dally”
[name]Angelina[/name] [name]Grace[/name] “[name]Lina[/name]”/[name]Serenity[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] “[name]Sera[/name]”

I am still stumped about what to do about that second twin. All I know is that I like frilly names that have unexpected nickname potential.

Poinsettia is the correct spelling of the word and the name.