Fantasy Family Extension: Need your help.

As I have posted before, I love making up fantasy families and even have some established. I also said that I would love to extend one of those families by adding another child. The family in question is:

[name]Jeremy[/name] [name]David[/name] “J.D.” & [name]Tara[/name]-[name]Sue[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] (parents)
[name]Phillip[/name] [name]Tod[/name] [name]Winthrop[/name] “[name]Pip[/name]”/[name]Aurora[/name] Vixie [name]Winthrop[/name] “[name]Rory[/name]”

First, here is their story told from their point of view.

[name]Tara[/name] and J.D. were college sweethearts. It actually took a while for cautious [name]Tara[/name] to warm up to J.D.'s outgoing charm because she had just come out of several less-than-stellar relationships. But with a great deal of patience and his odd sense of humor, he won her trust, and they were married on [name]August[/name] 28, 1990–four years to the day that they went on their first date.

[name]Pip[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] are already something of a miracle set because [name]Tara[/name] was originally told she would probably never have children after a car accident when she was very young. When she did, unexpectedly, get pregnant, she had so many complications, they were not sure if either of the twins–or [name]Tara[/name]–were going to make it. However, thanks to the wonders of fantasy medicine, the twins are now healthy ten year olds. One of the passions that [name]Tara[/name] has passed onto her children was, of course, her love for Disney feature films. They even have pet mice named [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Bernard[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]. [name]Both[/name] children are extremely smart and popular with their classmates, but [name]Pip[/name] is much more studious and literary than his sister. While [name]Pip[/name] has his nose stuck in a book or is helping one of his friends understand their homework, [name]Rory[/name] is more often the one out playing whatever sport happens to be in season, but she also had a lot of fun playing [name]Belle[/name] in her school’s production of Beauty and the Beast and has considered becoming an actress when she grows up.

[name]Just[/name] when the parents were beginning to relax and start dreaming about future grandchildren, [name]Tara[/name] has learned that she is pregnant again, for a girl. They would like, of course, to stick with their little Disney theme (until they learned the baby’s gender, J.D. was jokingly calling the baby [name]Nemo[/name]–get it? Because of his “little fishes”? :roll: ), and are leaning toward [name]Anastasia[/name], but they cannot decide if that should be her first name or her middle name. Here are some combinations they have come up with:

[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (J.D. would possibly call her “[name]Stacey[/name]-[name]Belle[/name]” on occasion, but I wonder if [name]Belle[/name] is a little too abrupt after [name]Anastasia[/name])
[name]Belle[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] (I think this flows better, and it could be said that [name]Rory[/name] got to pick her name, but I wonder if [name]Belle[/name] is a little too plain next to [name]Aurora[/name]. The other problem is that [name]Belle[/name] does not have nearly the nickname possibilities as [name]Anastasia[/name] does)
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] “[name]Minnie[/name]”
Other suggestions for Disney-themed combinations that work well with [name]Anastasia[/name] as either a first name or a middle name.

Also, if I do go with [name]Anastasia[/name] as the first name, which nickname should I use? I don’t normally go for the more obvious nickname for a name, as [name]Stacey[/name]/[name]Stasie[/name] would be in this case, but the ones that I do like the best, [name]Stasia[/name] or [name]Tasia[/name] (prn. [name]TAY[/name]-sha, like the ending syllable in [name]Anastasia[/name]), seems a bit frilly next to unisex [name]Rory[/name]. [name]Ana[/name] has both problems against it–too many frills in this case, but also a little too obvious for my tastes. If I use [name]Jasmine[/name], is [name]Minnie[/name] as her nickname a little too much Disney? Help would be greatly appreciated here!

With [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name], I think [name]Anastasia[/name] fits the best out of the choices you have. [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name] are a bit matchy, but I don’t think [name]Belle[/name], [name]Jasmine[/name] or [name]Cleo[/name] fit at all. [name]How[/name] about [name]Alice[/name], for [name]Alice[/name] and Wonderland? Or [name]Gwendolen[/name] nn [name]Wendy[/name], from [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name]? [name]Anastasia[/name] could be nicknamed [name]Tacy[/name] (my favorite), [name]Anya[/name], [name]Stacia[/name] or [name]Annie[/name].

I think they could go with:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]

Thanks, Irisrose. I can’t believe I never thought of [name]Alice[/name] with this set. It could be kind of cute. The only thing is, what nicknames would go with it? I did kind of think of [name]Wendy[/name], but [name]Gwendolyn[/name] wouldn’t work because I already have [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Anne[/name] in one of my sets.

By the way, I love [name]Tacy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Anastasia[/name], but I worry that someone, somewhere down the line would call her “Tasty” or “Tacky” instead. This is a fantasy family, so it probably wouldn’t matter, but still…