Farrah?

Sorry for the double post, just brainstorming ideas over here. Like I said in my other post we’re considering using [name_f]Maple[/name_f] as a middle name and struggling with a first. [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] has been on my long list for awhile, and I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] sounds so sweet. However the association with [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] makes me hesitate to use it. (The [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett association doesn’t bother me as much). As of this moment, the other combination I’m considering is [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f].

Is [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] usable?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m]. I looked her up though, and I doubt a TV personality is going to be relevant when your kid is old enough to care!
I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is nice. It’s a unique but not weird name with an airy sound. The only thing I dislike about it is that there aren’t any nicknames really. I do slightly prefer [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but if you love [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] then you should go for it! Definitely a lovely choice.
Are you looking for suggestions?

2 Likes

I have heard of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] and still didn’t make the connection. I’m more likely to connect the name to [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett (and if it matters, I’m more of the age group who “should” connect it to [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m]). I think it’s a lovely and underused name.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Farrah[/name_f]! I agree that it has an airy sound, but I also find it funky and strong, there’s a real energy to it. [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett is definitely my first association, along with [name_u]Mo[/name_u] [name_f]Farah[/name_f] (British athlete). I’ve never heard of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] – although she may be better known in [name_u]America[/name_u].

Personally, I prefer [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. It feels more distinctive, because of the greater popularity of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names and especially [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name. It also feels more spunky and less sweet, although it’s still pretty and feminine.

Love [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] :maple_leaf:

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] - it has such a lovely meaning. [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

Yes, I am open to suggestions! But I have another thread for that :slightly_smiling_face: For this thread I just wanted to get a feel of what people thought of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f].

1 Like

A teen berry! I don’t know who [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is but I think the association will pass (or is passing!) I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is a beautiful combo, I say go for it the name is so swell and very underrated

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is really cute! It would definitely be on my list if it weren’t so similar to my own name. I like the spellings [name_f]Fara[/name_f] and Faera too!

1 Like

Firstly post as much as you want everyone is happy to help :blush:

So I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is lovely it’s a sweet Arabic choice meaning happiness and feels distinctive. I like [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. Great combination! I don’t think the [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Abrahams association should put you off it’s not the first thing I think off and also the association isn’t bad she’s just someone from a relatively standard MTV show it’s nothing major really.

As for [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] she is my favourite girls name and I love her numerous variants including [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is charming and I like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. But [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is more popular than [name_f]Farrah[/name_f].

1 Like

Farrah [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is lovely! I prefer it to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I’m glad to hear so many people have positive associations with [name_f]Farrah[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is the top of our list, with [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] in second.

I definitely think of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett and her hair and I have no idea who [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is, actually don’t know much about [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett either. [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is a really neat name. I think it’s usable.

1 Like

My very first thought is [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] (I remember her first season on… Teen Mom? 16 and Pregnant? One of those… Then things just went further downhill)

Even tho it’s not the best association, I wouldn’t let that stop you. But I would pause due to the Arabic origin (if you are white, but if not, no issue!). Still not saying it’s unable, just something to consider!

Personally, I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is stunning!

I love [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. The only [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] I’ve heard of is [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett. I much prefer it over [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

1 Like

I love it!

Farrah is a pretty name. It’s uncommon but familiar. I think of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett first; she is a TV legend. I don’t think the [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] association is a big deal. I’d say her 15 minutes of fame are pretty much over at this point.

Farrah is definitely usable, all the more so because I have no idea who [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is! :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Maple[/name_f], but [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] sounds and looks a bit off to me.

Rosalie [name_f]Maple[/name_f] looks and sounds better to me, but [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is a fine name.

I didn’t think of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] (I don’t know who she is); I thought of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] Fawcett. I think [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] is very sweet and usable!

I think we’ve decided to take [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] to the hospital if this baby’s a girl! (We love them both equally so it’ll just depend on which one feels right!) Thanks for everybody’s feedback! I’m feeling much more confident about our name choices, now to figure out the boys…

2 Likes

I’ve heard of [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] but would have never thought of her, had you not mentioned it.
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] are both very pretty names!