Favorite Among These?

Maris is beautiful. [name_f]Marina[/name_f] a close second. [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is clunky.

Marina is my favourite!

I love the name Demaris so I definitely like [name_f]Maris[/name_f]

Maybe Maridy, [name_f]Marine[/name_f], [name_f]Marnie[/name_f], [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] could honour [name_u]Marie[/name_u]

Maren is delightful! Warm, bright and lovely

I like all three, probably [name_f]Maren[/name_f] best, though I don’t know that it has the qualities you’re looking for. [name_f]Maris[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] seem more magical, while to me [name_f]Maren[/name_f] has a quiet strength. I don’t hear any of these names often.

Other variations I like are [name_f]Mari[/name_f] (pronounced MAH-ree) and [name_f]Marili[/name_f] / [name_f]Marilie[/name_f].

Marina & Maren are my faves. I know one Marina, no one named Maris or Maren. They don’t feel underwhelming to me at all. Especially if you pair it with a mn that feels similar, like Aurelia or Celeste.

I love [name_f]Maren[/name_f]! I don’t care for the others, sorry.

I adore [name_f]Marina[/name_f]! I love the connection to ocean and nature. I’ve never met anyone with this name! I like that [name_f]Marina[/name_f] sounds regal and sophisticated.

Marina is my favorite! So pretty! I’ve only known one person with this name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] as well!

I’m loving all three names, but [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is one of my top favorites. Its meaning alone drew me in the first time I saw it, and nothing has changed; I also loved how it worked so well with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (the meaning of which also drew me to it). Of the three, I rarely hear the names in daily life, although I did go to school with a [name_u]Marin[/name_u] when I was young (K-8).

I’ve known of one [name_f]Marina[/name_f], I always thought it was a beautiful name!

My favorite is [name_f]Marina[/name_f] but I think all three are great! I’ve never met anyone with any of these names, although a soccer player I follow has a daughter named [name_u]Marin[/name_u]. She’s the only one I know of.

I love the name [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. Its One of my favorite names and was on the shortlist for my daughter.
[name_u]Marin[/name_u] would be my second choice. I have a niece named [name_u]Marin[/name_u]- its another great pick

I’ve always loved [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

I had a childhood friend named [name_f]Marina[/name_f], so only positive associations with that name from me.

I have also met a Merren, which could be an alternative. Or [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] if you’re a fan of [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u].

In Finland they spell the name [name_u]Marie[/name_u] as [name_f]Mari[/name_f] and pronounce it Mah-ri (a sounding like the a in art).

I like all three! I would probably rate them [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Maris[/name_f]. Personally, I don’t love [name_f]Maris[/name_f] as much as the other two but I can definitely see the appeal.

Marina is one of those names that everyone immediately recognizes, but isn’t actually heard very often. I only know one [name_f]Marina[/name_f] irl.

For oceanesque/mermaid names I would 10000% go with [name_f]Marina[/name_f], it fits that to a T for me.

I love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] but [name_f]Marina[/name_f] is nice too. I don’t care for [name_f]Maris[/name_f] though.

I really like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. I’ve never met a [name_f]Marina[/name_f], and only two Marens. They’re both evocative of [name_u]Marie[/name_u] without being too common. If I imagine a [name_f]Marina[/name_f] or a [name_f]Maren[/name_f], they are warm and friendly, strong and assertive.

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] is beautiful!! i have known one woman with that name.

[name_f]Maren[/name_f] - meh, not bad but not wonderful

[name_f]Maris[/name_f] - love!

[name_f]Mariana[/name_f], [name_f]Mireille[/name_f], [name_f]Mariae[/name_f] (see the latest posts on Name Pronunciations We All Want To Hear to hear pronunciations)

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] is my favourite, followed by [name_f]Maren[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] is my friend’s name, but she’s the only one I know with the name! I think it’s stunning. [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is a bit more familiar where I live right now because of the country singer [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_m]Morris[/name_m] - she’s quite popular where I am. [name_f]Maris[/name_f] just doesn’t feel right imo, I’m not sure why though?

Sorry for the late reply! I’m currently finishing up my summer college courses, and I got really busy! Sorry!

Thank you for all of the replies! I’ve decided that I like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] the most out of these. I like [name_f]Maris[/name_f] and I love how it’s more obscure, but I don’t think that I love it enough on its own. [name_f]Maren[/name_f]’s beautiful but it’s just slightly underwhelming for me.

Also thanks for the other mermaid/oceanesque suggestions!