Favorite Boy Names from To Kill A Mockingbird?

See the results of this poll: To Kill a Mockingbird- Favorite Boy Names?!

Respondents: 68 (This poll is closed)

• Atticus (nn Atty) : 43 (63%)
  • Jem : 18 (26%)
  • Finch: 7 (10%)

[name]Atticus[/name] is on my short list for boys, but not with the nick name atty, reminds me too much of the nick name for addison.

I voted for [name]Jem[/name]. [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] was a great character, but I just don’t understand the appeal of [name]Atticus[/name] aside from that. [name]Finch[/name] sounds harsh as first name, and a bit too much like “flinch.”

I like [name]Atticus[/name] a lot. :slight_smile: [name]Finch[/name] and [name]Jem[/name] are okay, but I like [name]Atticus[/name] so much more.

I love [name]Atticus[/name] and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Finch[/name]. I know a nice boy named [name]Finch[/name] :slight_smile:

Tried to get my wife to agree to [name]Atticus[/name] but she outright said no. Oh well, maybe next time

I voted for [name]Atticus[/name], but I don’t like the nn [name]Atty[/name] – sounds a little too close to the [name]Addie[/name], [name]Maddie[/name], etc., trend for girls. [name]Atticus[/name] is a great sturdy name though.

I like [name]Atticus[/name]. I actually named my guinea pig [name]Atticus[/name] and called him [name]Atty[/name]. I agree though, I don’t think it’s best nickname for a boy since it does sound so similar to [name]Addie[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] the character [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name]. And his name too, of course. I voted for [name]Atticus[/name] because the others are too short for my taste and feel a bit insubstantial. I don’t particularly like [name]Jeremy[/name] ([name]Jem[/name]'s full name) either.

About the NN [name]Atty[/name]- could anyone else imagine the character [name]Atticus[/name] going by a nickname? I couldn’t.

I love [name]Atticus[/name]- the others aren’t really my syle. But I don’t like [name]Atty[/name] at all.

To repeat bonfireazalea’s question: Could you imagine [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] going by [name]Atty[/name]? Nope.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I voted [name]Atticus[/name], but I prefer the nn [name]Kit[/name]. I also like the names [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Radley[/name] from TKAM.

To Kill A Mockingbird is my favorite book! I chose [name]Jem[/name]!!!

I love [name]Jem[/name]. [name]Even[/name] as a stand alone name. Also can be short for [name]James[/name].