Favorite Girl Name of All Time

How do you pronounce?

1 Like

@clair.de.lune,

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are expecting our fourth daughter next year in mid-January. Her name is [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], but we call her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

Fynnley :butterfly:

11 Likes

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] :rose:

9 Likes

Mine is Maryelle!

8 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite girl names of all time are [name_u]Allison[/name_u] ‘Allie’ and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]. I love them together as sister names. :heart:

Fynnley :butterfly:

4 Likes

[name_u]Dove[/name_u] :black_heart:

3 Likes

I go back and forth on names, but even though I don’t see myself being a parent (maybe a fur parent). But I would have to go with:

Ruthanna or just [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. Something about it makes me giddy and brings a smile to my face. And it’s not a family name, but somehow it’s tie to the family (my grandpa would call nana [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], even though her name was Cruz). But for me personally, it’s a sweet name with a powerful punch, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

It was my Grandmother’s middle name and she always pronounced it E-O-Leah.

4 Likes

I love these questions so much!!

I know this is technically breaking the rules a little bit, but I couldn’t help it!! And it’s okay, because I’ve never exactly been one to follow all the rules either…

For myself:

Summary

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I’ve read the Boxcar Children (I was maybe like 5), I’ve loved the name [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I used to insist that people would call me [name_f]Violet[/name_f] when I was younger. I got a puppy a few years ago and I named her [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], still my favorite [name_f]Violet[/name_f] combo to this day.

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] - I know I was a bookworm as a child, but I also ADORED the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] books. I still own all of them to this day. [name_f]My[/name_f] first and most beloved doll was named [name_f]Laura[/name_f] after her. Sadly, if my name was [name_f]Laura[/name_f], I’d be a [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], exact same as my aunt, so that wouldn’t go off so well with my family.

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] - One time I asked my mom “What would my name have been if it wasn’t my name?”, and she told me that she really liked [name_f]Emily[/name_f] for a girl. That’s when I fell in love with the name, and while I don’t love it as much anymore, it’s still special to me. I think that [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] would’ve been the sweetest combo, and I could definitely see myself as an [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

For a future daughter:

Summary

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - I don’t remember where I first heard the name, but from the second I heard it until now, I’ve been in LOVE with the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Something about it sounding timeless yet fresh, sweet but still strong, and just the fact that it was a long name (I’ve got a 2-syllable name) made me love it. When I was in 7th grade, me and friend fought over it, but I think I won eventually. If I ever have a daughter when I’m older, this will definitely be her name.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] - I’ve known the name [name_f]Anna[/name_f] for a long time, but never really loved it until maybe I started high school. But I loved the sweetness of it, and how it still somehow sounded powerful (maybe because of all those strong Slavic connotations). It’s also an honor for my great-grandmother, and I loved how beautifully it goes with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I actually know two different pairs of sisters named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and I am jealous. If I am lucky enough to have two daughters when I grow up, they will most assuredly be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

2 Likes

It would have to be my dear [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]- the first name I really fell in love with and the one that has stayed a constant for basically my whole life. She’s quirky, charming, loyal, loving, bookish and strong- absolutely perfect. :fallen_leaf: :luggage: :ballet_shoes: :violin: :scroll:

7 Likes

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]!

I love her versatility, her international usage, her simultaneous history and spunk. Her meaning hints to strength and courage and resilience. It’s a familiar name to many people, but not one that’s used as often as you’d think. I love [name_u]Lou[/name_u] as a gender neutral nickname option. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is pure sunshine, but she could be anyone, and is a name I’ve always envisioned as my daughter.

11 Likes

[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] :rose: “first rose”
NN: [name_f]Prim[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]

If I have a girl one day I’d love to use this name, although my hubby is not super fond of it unfortunately.

7 Likes

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] :purple_heart: for real

8 Likes

So hard!

I don’t have any kids, but I have used two girl names for my pets that I love. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. Since I love them equally, I’ll pick from my not already used list. So, I think it might be…Daisy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is a close second. [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] had been my girl for a long time, but I fell hard for [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] a few years back when I realized that it was a special way to honor my dad, [name_u]David[/name_u].

6 Likes

Without a doubt it’s [name_f]Giordana[/name_f] for me. It’s been a favorite of mine for years and my love for it sparked from a movie/book that got me through a tough time. It is, truly, my “forever name.”

5 Likes

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is my all time favorite girl name! I even had a pet rabbit named [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but I love it so much I would use it again. I used to live not far from [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], NC and have many happy memories of exploring the city. I love how it’s frilly yet strong, as well as traditional and regal!

7 Likes

Technically [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has been somewhere in my top picks for the longest but my #1 name has been some variation of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] for several years now so that’s really The One for me. Currently I’m leaning most towards just [name_f]Annie[/name_f] but there is a rotating list of full names for it I also love.

8 Likes

[name_f]Laura[/name_f]

3 Likes

this is a really difficult question! my favourite name of now is darcie, but she wasn’t even on my list two years ago. my most meaningful, longest-standing name is mia, but she’s fallen from the top of my list. there’s stella and summer and bronte which i’ve loved forever and can’t imagine not loving but have never been number one.

i think my answer is the gorgeous imogen - classy, musical, cute nickname options and a mainstay of my list :white_heart:

6 Likes

ooo it changes a lot for me, for a very long time it was audrey but now it is vivien!

1 Like