Favorite hair style?

I’m just wondering. [name_f]My[/name_f] usual hair style is low ponytail but my favorite is half up half down. I just think it looks nice. :smile: I sometimes try to push it up into a high-ish ponytail but my hair is so poofy so it all comes out the sides! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My hair is usually parted in the middle, straightened, then re-curled. Sometimes I part it in the middle and/or just leave it straightened.

This kind of shows what it normally looks like, although my hair is a little longer now.

4 Likes

I’m either in a braid or a half up half down look!

You have such a pretty color! I love it.

1 Like

I got a pixie cut when we went into quarantine, that has steadily morphed into a “can I speak to the manager” style. It’s a sad state of affairs but I don’t want to go to the salon until things return to some level of normalcy. Right now I aim for clean.

3 Likes

My hair is long, blonde, and wavy, parted to the side. I wear it down or in a braid. I normally only wear it down, but I sleep with it braided and now I’m too lazy to change it, lol. Recently, my hair is starting to become curly (mostly my bangs) and I hate it. I’m just not a curly hair person if you know what I mean.

Ah yes I also quite like having my hair in a braid. especially when I go to bed so in the morning my hair is wavier.

If I’m lazy, then a ponytail. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are half up half down and buns.

@pinkbar thank you! It was in the golden hour sun, so it looked nicer than normal lol usually it looks more ashy

:joy::rofl::skull:

I’m not around here very much, but I cut my own curtain bangs today and had to share. Turned out pretty good so I’m proud of myself. :laughing:

I wear my hair down 99% of the time, parted in the middle. I’m actually pretty good at braiding and styling hair, but I don’t enjoy doing my own. I wear it in a braid or a pony when I go jogging, though. I don’t dye my hair because I like my natural color, which is dark auburn.

2 Likes

Wow! I’ve been going back a forth between wanting bangs and not. I guess im just too scared :laughing: During quarantine I did actually temporary dye my hair pink! [name_f]My[/name_f] hair color is medium brown so the color turned out more majestic purple which I liked even more.

Honestly I usually just wear my hair down! I usually just let it air dry and don’t curl or straighten it. It’s long, brown, and sort of wavy. I just find it comfortable to have it falling around me unless it’s really hot out lol.

This actually describes me exactly! :laughing: I also have long, dark brown, and naturally wavy hair. It has become a habit, just to leave my hair down. I also put my hair in low ponytails sometimes and I also sometimes take two small bits of hair from the front and tie them together in the back.

1 Like

Oh yes this too!! It’s a really comfortable way of keeping it out of your face and then everyone says “That’s so pretty” like it’s a fancy hairstyle so that is an additional bonus :joy:

Yup. Definitely agree. especially if you add a little braid :wink:

2 Likes

I used to often wear a ponytail but I started getting frequent headaches a few years ago and ponytails can initiate or aggravate the headaches.

Now, it depends on the occassion, how long my hair is, and how much time I got. I still don’t ever treat my hair with anything including hair sprays nor curl/straight iron.

For quick business casual occassions like interviews back when my hair was longer, I learned how to put my hair up with hair sticks. It’s incredibly easy, fast, and for whatever reason, doesn’t usually give me a headache problem like pony tails. I don’t have to worry about spending time with the iron, it won’t be a mess when the wind blows, and looks organized/neat and professional. There are also many elegant designs for hair sticks so it can help make you stick out in a sea of black suits in a good professional way.

Here’s the youtube video that taught me how to make hair buns

Here’s some examples of hairstick designs

Silvousplaits also teaches you many other hairstyles including from shows/movies (eg GoT, Outlander, [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars, etc) and historic (eg viking, S. American, etc) hairstyles so I love going to her channel to try out cosplay when I’ve got the time. Some actually look nice for fancy occasions if anyone is looking for something pretty and unique. She also does some hair styles for men too if there are any guys out there. If you don’t know how to do some of the more basic techniques like dutch braid, fish tail, etc, she has tutorials on those too.

For everyday casual, I usually just clip my hair by taking strands of hair from the front and clip it in the back if my hair is long enough so it’s kinda like a half up half down or clip the hair to their respective sides if it’s too short to reach the back. It’s quick, simple, don’t have to treat the hair with anything, looks pretty, and the hair is usually out of your face. Othertimes, I just leave my hair down but it’s usually clipped up.

On the rare occasion that I got time in the morning, I like to lace french braid my hair or some other braid variants. Braiding shouldn’t take that long if get it right the first time but there always seem to be a strand that somehow gets loose and seeing the uneven bulge in the braid really bothers me and then my arms get tired lol I wish I had someone to help me.

My hair is dark brown, mostly straight but is wavey in the last 3-6 inches of my hair if this matters to anyone. I also used to have bangs since before I can remember but I got a bit tired having to cut them so often b/c I don’t like it getting in my eyes so I’ve recently tried to let them grow out

3 Likes

Usually just a low ponytail. Occasionally a high ponytail or a half-up-half-down style. Sometimes a messy bun, but rarely out of the house. Today I had two braids, but I don’t do that when leaving the house because it looks kind of childish. Plus, I have red hair and I don’t like getting the [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] comments.

Frizzy mum bun count? Lol. Usually down and wavey

1 Like

Frizzy mom bun TOTALLY counts :joy:

2 Likes

My hair is red and thick,so I like it manageable, in a long bob.