Coraline

0 voters

Evaline

0 voters

Madeline

0 voters

Rosaline

0 voters

I love [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] but only pronounced av-uh-leen, and I’m assuming you’re pronouncing it -line so I voted for others on the first poll and I didn’t vote on the individual one. [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], and [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] would be my favorites (although I automatically pronounce [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] -lyn because it’s my sister’s middle name. I much prefer the -line pronunciation though).

1 Like

[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :rose:, [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], and [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]!

Coraline!!! I also love [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]!

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is probably actually my favorite.

I feel the same way.

1 Like

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] is my favourite :slight_smile: Not on your list, but I also really like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f] and [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (though I love the [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] spelling best), and I seem to be in the minority but I adore [name_f]Evaline[/name_f]!

1 Like

& @futuremama
[name_u]Abby[/name_u] & [name_f]Anna[/name_f], I like it both ways with a slight preference for -line. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know if one pronunciation is more correct than the other or are they both considered correct? In the NB comments for [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], it looks like it can be pronounced both ways. Same with [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f].
[name_u]Abby[/name_u], yeah the 2 Maddys I know spell it with -lyn not -line so I’m not sure if [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is supposed to be pronounced -lyn or -line but I just included the name because I was curious as to where it stands in comparison to the other names which is apparantly pretty high

@Posielee I do love the sound of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]! (though not on my preferred list for other reasons). I was going more for the names that could potentially be pronounced -line with a long i sound. Also, I feel like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would dominate the poll if I had included it lol :smile:

@Dechen Thanks, they sound pretty too. I was too lazy to go through my list to add all the -lines so I forgot to add [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]

@midwinter [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], I love both [name_f]Evaline[/name_f] and [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] too!

1 Like

I’m guessing they’re both considered correct, but I couldn’t say for sure. As far as [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], I pronounce it mad-uh-line. I say [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] as mad-uh-lyn and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] as mad-uh-len.

Edit: looked it up and it’s av-uh-leen in [name_u]French[/name_u], so that would be the “correct” pronunciation.

1 Like

I’ve seen both av-uh-line and av-uh-leen, but since the name is [name_u]French[/name_u] and the latter is how it would be pronounced in [name_u]French[/name_u], I’m inclined to say it’s more correct.

Before I even clicked on this thread, I thought [name_f]Adeline[/name_f].