Favorite Musical!

Just curious to see what musicals you all like (and why if you feel like it).

I think mine are

1. Newsies (Fansie4Life!) :newspaper: :newspaper_roll:
  2. Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] (Loved it since I was little, and will always be in my top 3.) :musical_note:
  3. Mary Poppins (idk what to put here, and I like this one, so here it is!) :closed_umbrella:

You can put as many or as few as you’d like, and don’t feel obliged to put three or tell why, just do what you want!

1 Like

I really love musicals! [name_f]My[/name_f] top three would probably be The phantom of the opera, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] Poppins and Sound of music. I don’t know in which order.

1 Like

I love so many, I’m not sure I could narrow it down! But my top 3 are probably…
Wicked
Next to Normal
[name_u]Bright[/name_u] [name_f]Star[/name_f]

There are a lot of others I love too that are just behind these.

1 Like

I’ve never been to a professional musical in a theater but I really liked the recording of [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] and The Greatest Showman

I really don’t watch a lot of musicals, but the ones I do like are:

1. Hamilton (the recording is all I’ve ever seen, of course. It made my inner history nerd happy.)
  2. The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]
  3. The Greatest Showman
1 Like

Oh gosh, I’m supposed to choose a favourite?

I think I’ll just list ones I like lol

In the Heights
Bring it On
Next to Normal
Dear [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
Newsies
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_u]West[/name_u] Side [name_u]Story[/name_u]
Thoroughly Modern [name_f]Millie[/name_f]
Daddy [name_m]Long[/name_m] Legs
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]
American Girls Circle of Friends
American Girls: Revue
(the last two used to play at the theatre’s in AG stores, but have been gone for like 12/13 years now :slightly_frowning_face:)
The Last [name_m]Five[/name_m] Years
Legally Blonde
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]!
[name_f]Chicago[/name_f] (only the movie tho)
Hairspray

5 Likes

I love Newsies too! I’m curious, are you refering to the original one or the Disney on Broadway version?

I love a lot of musicals, so I’ll do my best to just name a few.

Wicked, The Gentleman’s Guide to [name_u]Love[/name_u] and Murder, [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], Dear [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m], [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, Finding Neverland

There’s so many more, but I’ll leave it there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

movie musical - hairspray
stage musical - matilda (i’ve seen it twice it’s amazing)

2 Likes

I’ve only ever seen the Broadway version ('cause there are no bootlegs that I can find of the film version on YouTube!)

1 Like

The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]
Oklahoma
[name_f]Music[/name_f] [name_m]Man[/name_m]

I love the sound of music, [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], and les mis!!

Hamilton is literally the only musical I’ve seen/listened too, but I’m obsessed with it.

Les Miserables
Wicked
Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f]
Daddy [name_m]Long[/name_m] Legs
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_u]Bright[/name_u] [name_f]Star[/name_f]
In the Heights
Fiddler on the Roof
The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]
The Color Purple
The [name_m]King[/name_m] and I
[name_f]My[/name_f] Fair [name_f]Lady[/name_f]
[name_f]Spring[/name_f] Awakening
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]

And many more that I am forgetting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My top 3 would probably be:

1. The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]
  2. Les Miserables
  3. Fiddler On The Roof
2 Likes

I love musicals! I think my favourites are:

[name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables (my all-time favourite), The Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f], [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], Hadestown, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], [name_u]West[/name_u] Side [name_u]Story[/name_u], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], Bandstand, The [name_m]Prince[/name_m] of [name_u]Egypt[/name_u], Fiddler on the Roof, The Last [name_m]Five[/name_m] Years, and [name_u]Sweeney[/name_u] [name_m]Todd[/name_m]: The Demon [name_m]Barber[/name_m] of [name_m]Fleet[/name_m] [name_f]Street[/name_f]

Out of my favourites I’ve only seen POTO on stage, and it was absolutely incredible! For most of the others I do really like their movies, and hopefully once the shutdowns are over I can go see some of them on stage.

1 Like

I’ve watched very, very few, but I really liked [name_f]Mary[/name_f] Poppins and The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Mine’s [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], followed by [name_f]Annie[/name_f]!

1 Like

Sweeney [name_m]Todd[/name_m] & [name_u]Anne[/name_u] de Bretagne !

Edit: also probably Six, In The Heights, and Wicked !

1 Like

Fiddler on the Roof, hands down. This thread will be really nice for reccomendations, thank you for creating this!!

1 Like

Matilda, Wicked, Rent, Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f] (especially the 25th anniversary), [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, Into the [name_m]Woods[/name_m], In the Heights, [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], [name_m]Tuck[/name_m] Everlasting, Newsies, Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] and probably more that I can’t think of right now.:wink: