Favorite Musical!

Both versions of Newsies are currently on Disney+ if that helps.

1 Like

I don’t have Disney+, so I bought the Broadway version on Amazon Prime, and I probably would buy the film version too, if I weren’t practically broke!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Annie[/name_f]!

Uhhh, all of them :slight_smile:

Of ones I’ve seen on or off Broadway live, my favorites are…

Jagged [name_m]Little[/name_m] Pill
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]
[name_f]Spring[/name_f] Awakening
Wicked
Newsies
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Les[/name_u] Mis
Mama [name_f]Mia[/name_f]

Other ones I just love the music of…
Book of Mormon
[name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] (Endless [name_u]Night[/name_u] and Shadowland :heart_eyes:)
Dear Evan Hansen

1 Like

Definitely The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] but Fiddler would be second probably

I also saw [name_u]Jersey[/name_u] Boys on Broadway so that was really good. I haven’t seen Mama [name_f]Mia[/name_f] but I know all the music from it haha

1 Like

H a m i l t o n

1 Like

This is the hardest question ever, but here we go:

Les Mis - my all time favorite and it’s the first musical I ever saw
Mean Girls - a close second, I love it so much. So sad it closed on Bway but glad I got too see it once on Bway and once on tour
Legally Blonde - the first musical I saw on Bway, love me some LBB
In the Heights - CANNOT wait until the movie comes out! Wish they’d do a revival so I could see it again
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] - love, but I think I love ITH a little bit more
Wicked - obsessed
[name_f]Spring[/name_f] Awakening - OG, replacements, but esp. the Deaf [name_u]West[/name_u] production, perfection
Come from Away - love, love love. dying to see it again
Book of Mormon - hilarious, I’d love to go see it again too
The Prom - important, stunning, lovely, I have so many good things to say about it
Newsies - love it, so glad it’s on Disney+
[name_f]Evita[/name_f] - the 2nd musical I ever saw live but also love the [name_f]Madonna[/name_f] movie version
The Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f] - the 3rd musical I ever saw live, love [name_f]Emme[/name_f] playing [name_f]Christine[/name_f] in the movie too
The Greatest Showman - wonderful, wholesome
Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f] - a party on stage, what’s not love?!
Shrek the Musical - I love [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Foster[/name_m] so of course I adore Shrek
Throughly Modern [name_f]Millie[/name_f], Anything Goes, [name_m]Young[/name_m] Frankenstein, [name_f]Violet[/name_f], The Drowsy Chaperone [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women - again all [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Foster[/name_m], all the time
Dear [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m] - heartbreaking, but oh so important
Bring it On - upbeat, fun, another LMM classic
The Last [name_m]Five[/name_m] Years - [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m] is stunning the movie
Hairspray - another party on stage
Rent - the stage and the movie, beautiful. So sad [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Larson[/name_m] never got to see his work play out on stage and continue to rivet audiences 25 years later
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - wish I saw it live. I think all of those kids are so talented
School of [name_m]Rock[/name_m] - ditto ^. Kids playing live instruments every night, amazing!!
The Color Purple - are you kidding me [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] Erivo!?
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] - a classic
In the [name_m]Woods[/name_m] - love the movie adaptation

Slowly getting into [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], The Heathers, Jagged [name_m]Little[/name_m] Pill, Hadestown, and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]

3 Likes

oof this is so hard! (more or less in this order)
-waitress (if you havent listened to it, i seriously recommend)
-rent
-hamilton
-beetlejuice
-wicked

1 Like

I cannot believe myself that I forgot Waitress!! I saw it on Bway with [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] Ballinger, [name_f]Alison[/name_f] Luff, [name_f]Charity[/name_f] Angél [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] and the other outstanding cast members and it was breathtaking. I honestly didn’t think I’d love it as much as I did/still do.

Also Beetlejuice! There’s so many stunning musicals other there. I can’t get enough.

I am a massive fan of musicals but I love the classics so for me, [name_u]West[/name_u] Wide [name_u]Story[/name_u] is my favourite!!

oh my god. this thread was made for me!! um. my favorite is finding neverland but that’s only my number one favorite lol. i’m also a massive fan of aladdin, billy elliot, school of rock, kinky boots, rent, the prom, waitress, dear evan hansen, a bronx tale, jersey boys, beautiful: the carole king musical, charlie and the chocolate factory, mamma mia, ain’t too proud: the life and times of the temptations, holiday inn, and mary poppins. to name a few, lol. just kidding. kind of.

Top 5:

Wicked
Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f]
Hairspray
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Honorable Mentions:
[name_f]Spring[/name_f] Awakening
Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f]
[name_u]Les[/name_u] Mis
Mean Girls (I know it’s cringe but I actually really enjoyed seeing it in person)

i saw mean girls in previews! you’re so right, it’s become very cringy especially with the whole cameron dallas fiasco but it was a fun experience

2 Likes

Yes! Sometimes the soundtrack has a few too many skips for me, but the songs I like I really like. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] I saw it.

nothing better than bopping to revenge party in the middle of traffic

2 Likes

My favorite is Les Miserables, then in close second would be Phantom of the [name_f]Opera[/name_f]! I’ve never actually seen either of those in-person, which stinks.

1 Like

I’m gonna list a lot more now lol

Newsies
Hadestown
[name_m]Tuck[/name_m] Everlasting
Dear [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Hansen[/name_m]
Six
Bring It On
Falsettos
Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f]
[name_u]West[/name_u] Side [name_u]Story[/name_u]
Show Boat
Singin’ In The [name_u]Rain[/name_u]

Yeah, sorry for commenting on my, like, four month old post

Into the [name_m]Woods[/name_m] is definitely my favorite. I’ve only seen the recording of the original production (my parents recorded it off of PBS when I was a kid and I bought the DVD about twenty years ago) so I’m hoping that Broadway does a revival soon so that I can see it in person.

1 Like

HAMILTON FAN FOR LIFEEEEEEEE!!!

Newsies and Cats were also good

1 Like

I’m the op, and I’m adding more because I can and it’s my post

:performing_arts: Newsies
:performing_arts: Hadestown
:performing_arts: [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] & [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]
:performing_arts: [name_m]Tuck[/name_m] Everlasting
:performing_arts: [name_f]Natasha[/name_f], [name_m]Pierre[/name_m], and the Great [name_u]Comet[/name_u] of 1812
:performing_arts: [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_m]Friday[/name_m]
:performing_arts: Spies Are [name_u]Forever[/name_u]
:performing_arts: A Very [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Musical
:performing_arts: A Very [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Sequel
:performing_arts: A Very [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Senior Year
:performing_arts: [name_f]Ani[/name_f]: A Parody
:performing_arts: The [name_m]Trail[/name_m] to Oregon
:performing_arts: TGWDLM
:performing_arts: [name_f]Holy[/name_f] Musical B@man
:performing_arts: [name_m]Little[/name_m] Shop of Horrors
:performing_arts: [name_u]Sweeney[/name_u] [name_m]Todd[/name_m]
:performing_arts: Legally Blonde