Favorite name out

So one of our favorite names and front runner, [name_u]Everett[/name_u], is out now due to a bad bad history for one of our mothers. Apparently she hadn’t heard we were considering it until the other day.

We still have [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] as our top contender and are probably going to use it but we’re still thinking about other names. We also have [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] and [name_m]Walter[/name_m] as yes names (apparently we really like W’s). [name_m]Can[/name_m] you see [name_m]Walter[/name_m] on a baby? I’m iffy but I do love it. Side note, our last name is [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] so I’m not totally sold on how [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds or [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] for that matter.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] (family name and I like it a lot, but can’t think of any cute nicknames), [name_u]Julian[/name_u], and [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] (family friends have used it) are in the maybe list. Husband also liked [name_u]Leland[/name_u] today but doesn’t like it more than [name_m]Waylon[/name_m].

I previously posted about [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and my husband decided that he hated it (:weary:) so that is now out for us.

We’re pretty certain middle name will be [name_u]Reed[/name_u].

Help us??? I’m pretty sure this kid is going to be nameless.

Go for [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] if it’s the one standing out! Otherwise [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is fantastic

1 Like

Walter and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] work best. [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] sounds whiny too me. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t worry about a kid with a “grown-up” name because they’re going to be older much longer than younger.

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] the best
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] makes me think of breaking bad lol.

[name_m]Waylon[/name_m] is my favorite! I also think [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds better than [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m], personally. I can see [name_m]Walter[/name_m] on a baby, but prefer [name_m]Waylon[/name_m]. I also think [name_u]Reed[/name_u] works better with [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] because the r’s in [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] blend together a bit.

Also, for [name_m]Herschel[/name_m], the nickname Hershey could be cute :blush:

I like [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] and [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] a lot! I do like [name_m]Walter[/name_m] too, but I think [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] is too sing-songy. The flow of [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m], while also similar-sounding, works better to me.

Ezra and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] are also cute!

I vote for [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]! [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds and looks really good and strong. It’s a cool name, unique but not weird and biblical (if you care about that). [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] means helper. I have an [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] and he is really helpful. I still really LOVE his name (he is 14 now).

1 Like

If [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] is Your top contender go for it.

[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds awesome to me.
W.R. [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] would be a greater writer name.
Dr. [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] R. [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] would be perfect for an academic or a medico.

[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] for the win. :slight_smile:

I met two little Walters when I worked in day care. I think they both wore it well. One went by just [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or occasionally [name_m]Walt[/name_m] and the other went by [name_u]Wally[/name_u] which I think is very cute on a toddler.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] and [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]! What about…

Oliver [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Izak[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Quico[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Vasant[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

Im loving [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] - that is stunning!

I dont like [name_m]Waylon[/name_m]. Never have. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my personal opinion though!

I like [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] and have been considering that one too but it’s become very popular. But it sounds good with your last name.

If you go with [name_m]Walter[/name_m] you can use the nickname [name_u]Wally[/name_u] if that’s at all appealing. I’ve always liked [name_m]Walt[/name_m]. I kinda like [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] or even just [name_m]Walt[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]. The letters run together though on [name_m]Walter[/name_m] but I dont think it’s a big deal.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] is really nice as well :slight_smile:

Other considerations:
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Wiley[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

I know a teenage [name_m]Walter[/name_m] so I think it definitely works, and I really like [name_u]Julian[/name_u]. However, though [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] isn’t really my style, there’s nothing wrong with it and if that’s your favorite, I think you should go for it.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I like [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but you know what? It’s really quite popular anyway. The rest of your list is a bit more interesting. I think that [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] is adorable, but that one is fairly common too.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of your list-

[name_m]Walter[/name_m]-On a baby? Sure, why not! It’s a bit old man-ish, but they were all babies at one point. I think it’s quirky & charming. But w/Dalton? It does seem a bit off.

[name_m]Waylon[/name_m]-This one isn’t my cup of tea. It sounds like a cowboy name like [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u], but not a cool one. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like an old cranky country guy. [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] isn’t great, but not too terrible.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]-This is handsome. Kind of artsy, outdoorsy, simple, gentle yet masculine. A bit popular, but a great classic name. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds great.

[name_m]Herschel[/name_m]-Super unique…kind of nerdy, but kind of cute? I love that it’s a family name. What about the nn [name_m]Hal[/name_m]? Could you even get away w/the nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m]?

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Probably #2 on my list ([name_m]Ewan[/name_m] is #1, if you were wondering.). [name_m]Just[/name_m] so charming, classic, smart & sweet.

[name_u]Maverick[/name_u]-Kind of fun. Maybe easy to knock off the list if it’s taken though.

[name_u]Leland[/name_u]-This is fun. It’s similar feeling to [name_m]Waylon[/name_m], but a little sweeter. [name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] does have a lot of 'l’s and 'd’s.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Another vote for [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]!

I think [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] seems like a good option!
You get the W and strong 'tt" ending like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] personally. It reminds me of the word “wail”. People will likely shorten it to “[name_m]Way[/name_m]”. But if you really love it, go with it!
I really love [name_m]Walter[/name_m] but it rhymes a lot with [name_m]Dalton[/name_m].

Waylon “[name_m]Will[/name_m]” [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

Ezra “Ezzie”/ “[name_f]Zee[/name_f]” [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Herschel[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

Julian “[name_u]Jude[/name_u]” [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

Herschel “[name_u]Harry[/name_u]” [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

1 Like

Have you considered [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]? [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] sounds amazing!! Of your names I prefer [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] with your last name. I do like [name_m]Walter[/name_m], I just don’t love it with [name_m]Dalton[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Walter[/name_m]. One of my favorite professors in college was named [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and he was very down to earth and like a mentor to me. So I have fond memories and it’s definitely on my own list. You could use the nn [name_m]Walt[/name_m] or [name_u]Wally[/name_u] which would be very cute on a baby.

My second favorite would be [name_m]Herschel[/name_m]. You could use the nn [name_m]Hal[/name_m] or [name_u]Harry[/name_u] or even Hershey if you wanted to be cute with it.

These both are great classic sounding names but not very common. If I met either in my life I would compliment their name! I’m sure you’ll find the perfect choice.

Walter [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

OR

Herschel [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

Although I think [name_m]Walter[/name_m] would make a delightful baby, I don’t think [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] is usable. [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m] doesn’t sound great either, unfortunately.

In place of [name_u]Everett[/name_u], could you consider [name_u]Everest[/name_u]?

I think [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is delightful, and adore [name_u]Julian[/name_u]!

Everest [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]

A few more names that might work for you:
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]