Favorite Name Synesthesia Thread

I’ve been documenting my synesthesia recently. Here’s some of my favorites with the colors they remind me of and the vibe those colors give me. I thought I could start a thread where people share their favorite names and what they associate them with.

Absolute favorites*
[name_u]Honor[/name_u] names**

Muted blues (calm and smart)- [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]*, [name_m]Vance[/name_m]*, [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Norman[/name_m]**, [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Holden[/name_u], [name_u]Dempsey[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

Red (strong and powerful)- [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u] (b), [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], [name_f]Amara[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], [name_m]Adriel[/name_m], [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]

Brown (intelligent and serious): [name_u]Quill[/name_u], [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], Bullard**, [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Brennan[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Harvest[/name_u] (g)

Yellow (cherry and amiable): [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]*, [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]*, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]*, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]*, [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

Green (friendly and down-to-earth): [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_f]Gillian[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f]

Pinks (girly and smart): [name_f]Mariana[/name_f], [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Poem[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]*, [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]*, [name_f]Alaia[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]*

Purple (mysterious and mystical): [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Delyth[/name_f], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]

Orange (fun and clever): [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]*, [name_u]Fox[/name_u]*, [name_f]October[/name_f] (g)

Outliers: [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]* (white), [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]* (white), [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (white)

1 Like

I love these!!!

I don’t really associate colors with meanings. The color I see each name usually coincides with the color of the first letter. I think Synesthesia is very cool and it’s interesting to see what colors other people see. I tend to see numbers, letters, dates and words in various colors.

@Daggeratx That’s how I am a lot or the time!

1 Like

I don’t think I have synesthesia, but it’s interesting that you also associate Es with yellow and As and Ms with reds and pinks (although for me A is pink and M is red).

1 Like