What are your favorite phrases to use?
My catchphrase used to be: “For the love of [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m].”
Yeah, now I like, “Why on God’s green earth,” and “Mother of God.”
The rest all have curse words, and I’d prefer to keep it clean on here.
“I am in the mood to dissolve the sky.”
Virginia [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] said that once.
I love saying ‘Onward and upward’ orr ‘Call a truce mother goose?’
I also always say ‘There is always something good about today’ although I havent really said it out loud during quarantine (no one to say it to!)
The phrases that I live by though are probably…
‘Be good, do good’
‘[name_f]Hope[/name_f] springs eternal’
‘Everything works out in the end’
Go to bed or night monsters will eat your nose
The last one sounds like the lyrics in a dualipa song! “[name_u]New[/name_u] rules”
- Something something something
You ain’t getting over him
I got new rules, I’ll count them
Great [name_u]Land[/name_u] O’Goshen!
[name_m]Oy[/name_m] Vey Schmir!
Blah Blah Woof!
I don’t swear so most of my favorite phrases/ expresions make me sound like a 40 year old southern lady. I also made a lot of them up and those just kinda sound like me…
Expressions ff Surprise
- Mercy Me!
- What on [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] and [name_f]Earth[/name_f] below!?
- goodNESS (the accent on the end is very important)
- Oh my baked beans and squash potatoes (no, squashed potatoes are not a real thing)
Expressions of Confusion
- I am CORNfused
- Adonde vas? (yes, I know what it means, but I say it after someone says something confusing)
- What the flipa-lipa-ding-dong
- What the gnome (always remember to pronounce the g)
Expressions of Exasperation/Panic
- May [name_f]Heaven[/name_f] above have mercy on your soul child
2.GOODness (putting the accent on the front gives it a different meaning
- Crap (It should be pronounced something like, “Clep” with a flipped r)
4.Da freek (The r should also be flipped)
You get the difference between GoodNESS and GOODness! Those are phrases I use a lot.
Another [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] Me! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it.