Favorite Quotes

Just wondering, what are everyone’s favorite quotes? Put them down in the comments!
(And they can be about anything, and in any genre :slight_smile:)

Mine are:
What doesn’t kill you makes you ugly

and

If life gives you lemons, at least it gave you something

10 Likes

These are the quotes that stuck with me since elementary school:

If you can dream it, you can do it.” —[name_m]Walt[/name_m] Disney

Anything is possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” —[name_f]Ginny[/name_f] Weasley

It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Differences of habit and language are nothing at all, if out aims are identical and our hearts are open.
It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
—[name_m]Albus[/name_m] Dumbledore

If you want to know what a man’s like, look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
We’ve all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is what part we choose to act on. That’s who we truly are.
—[name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]

You can tell I was a huge [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] nerd lol

6 Likes

I don’t know who said this but: “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

4 Likes

The one in my UC is a recent favorite!

“Delicate girl, once again I leaped and wandered.”
It’s a fragment of a poem by [name_f]Sappho[/name_f]

4 Likes

I see you’re an AJR fan!! I love those quotes as well :))

I really like, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” - MLK [name_m]Jr[/name_m].
and
“We do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” - Native American proverb

4 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! You got the AJR reference!!!

1 Like

“Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

“I was a child and she was a child, in that kingdom by the sea… and we loved with a love that was more than love… me and my [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u].”

“So [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] goes down to day, nothing gold can stay.”

“Bye, kids! Have fun storming the castle!”

I have a part of one of these quotes tattooed on me.

3 Likes

“Forgive your enemies but never forget their names.”-JFK

“I’m a very nice person. I am kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you’ll remember me for.”-[name_m]Al[/name_m] Capone

“They say the grass is greener on the other side. I say the grass is green wherever you water it.”-[name_m]Unknown[/name_m].

“Don’t get too cocky my boy. No matter how good you are, never let them see you coming.”-Devil’s Advocate

3 Likes

That one is in my UC!

1 Like

And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

2 Likes

“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship” - [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u], [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women

5 Likes

“Genius, billionare, playboy, philanthropist.” — Tony Stark

“Puny God.” — Hulk

“Don’t say it. Don’t say it-” “On your left.” “Oh come on!” — Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers

“Who the hell is Bucky?” — Bucky Barnes

“Sir, I’m gonna have to ask you to exit the doughnut.” “I already told you, I don’t want to join your super secret boy band.” — Nick Fury and Tony Stark

“I don’t see how that’s a party.” — Natasha Romanoff

“I’m multitasking.” — Natasha Romanoff

“He’s adopted.” — Thor Odinson

“I used to want to be a Valkyrie.” — Thor Odinson

5 Likes

“I think we’ve all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically… grammatically.”
-[name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

(This is my senior quote :grin:)

2 Likes

“Be who you are and say what your feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

“Sometimes we have to weather the storm to see a brighter tomorrow.
Sometimes the rain fails to wash away our mistakes, our regrets, & our pain.
Sometimes, all we need is not to run inside from the rainstorm, but to dance, kiss & walk through the rain.
Sometimes, the rain will make things far more beautiful than before. After all, it takes a little rain to see a rainbow.

Not every rainstorm has to be a hurricane, & the rain won’t fall forever. There’s always a brighter tomorrow waiting for the storm to pass. You just have to learn to take what you’re given & make the best of it. [name_f]Remember[/name_f], even paradise sees its share of storms, but in the end, it’s still paradise. So if you let the rain ruin your day, you’ll be hard pressed to find happiness or paradise, even when the sun comes out.

When the sun shines & it’s a beautiful day, you’ll stay inside, because you’re afraid it might rain again. But the truth is, life is a series of bright days interrupted by a series of storms. But it’s those days between, where the sun shines warm on you that make it all worthwhile. It may rain, you may feel a storm on the horizon, but it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the sunshine when you get it.”

-[name_m]Trevor[/name_m] Driggers

2 Likes

“The price of freedom is high, it always has been. But it’s one I’m willing to pay,” -[name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Rogers[/name_m].

“This debt we pay to human guile/ With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,” The Mask, by [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Dunbar[/name_m].

And some [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m] quotes:
“Excuse me. I have to go vomit.”
“You! You foul, loathsome little cockroach!”
“I’m hoping to do some good in the world.”
“[name_m]Just[/name_m] because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have!”

2 Likes

I was just analyzing this poem in class yesterday! It’s so beautiful!

Mine is the quote in my UC:
“I’m not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” - [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u]

3 Likes

“Tomorrow’s a new day, the sky is not grey, nor is there sun, for it hasn’t begun.”

2 Likes

I love the quote ~ “If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change .” - [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] Dyer

1 Like

I love that one!
One of my favorites is: “You’re mad, bonkers, completely off in your head! But I’ll tell you a secret–all the best people are.” -[name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_u]Carroll[/name_u].

2 Likes

Wow, what an interesting thread, if only I had an entire google doc dedicated to quotes

Oh wait

I do…

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. [name_f]Live[/name_f] the life you have imagined. – [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Thoreau[/name_m]

We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future. – [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Sharma

Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. – [name_m]Johann[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] von Goethe

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. -[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Ruskin[/name_m]

Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books. -[name_m]John[/name_m] Lubbock

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. [name_f]May[/name_f] your mountains rise into and above the clouds.- [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.- [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.- [name_u]George[/name_u] Santayana

Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.- [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] Kubler-[name_m]Ross[/name_m]

I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree.- [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] Kilmer

Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of [name_f]Heaven[/name_f].-[name_m]John[/name_m] Lubbock

If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently. -[name_m]Bill[/name_m] Watterson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.-[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Keller[/name_u]

For every person who has ever lived there has come, at last, a spring he will never see. [name_f]Glory[/name_f] then in the springs that are yours.-[name_f]Pam[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m]

If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.-[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] Duse

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.-[name_m]Ralph[/name_m] [name_m]Waldo[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]

If you can’t be in awe of Mother [name_u]Nature[/name_u], there’s something wrong with you.-[name_u]Alex[/name_u] Trebek

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning how to dance in the rain. -[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_m]Greene[/name_m]

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. [name_u]Dream[/name_u]. Discover. [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m]

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind- [name_u]Doctor[/name_u] Suess.

1 Like