Favorite {Unique} Biblical Names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] loves!

I’m looking for some ideas of beautiful biblical girl names; however, I don’t want any of the names that are super common/overused. Middle name would be [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_u]Jean[/name_u], or possibly [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (two middle names).

Please let me know what your favorite {unique} biblical girl name is/are!

Thank you,
~[name_u]Shay[/name_u]

Well, my daughters are [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], both of which are biblical but not overtly so. I think [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] are interesting.

Thank you! [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is starting to grow on me though I’m still not completely sure if it’s a name I could see myself using!

Honestly it had to grow on me too. But I find it is really a great balance of fitting in and standing out. We don’t know any others, but no one is confused by it either, you know?

My favourite Biblical girls names are [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] but I also really like (some are place names and some are male names that would be suitable for girls):

Apphia, [name_f]Aphra[/name_f], [name_f]Galilee[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_u]Damaris[/name_u], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_u]Abia[/name_u] / [name_u]Abiah[/name_u], [name_f]Dinah[/name_f], [name_f]Zillah[/name_f], [name_f]Adah[/name_f], [name_f]Aquila[/name_f], [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], [name_u]Abijah[/name_u], [name_f]Adina[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Magdala[/name_f], [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Azubah[/name_f], Euodia, Iscah, [name_u]Neriah[/name_u], [name_m]Beriah[/name_m], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Bethel[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_u]Ezri[/name_u], [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Philemon[/name_m], [name_m]Lael[/name_m], [name_f]Lois[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Bethia[/name_f] / [name_f]Bithia[/name_f], [name_m]Gilead[/name_m], [name_f]Ziza[/name_f], [name_u]Jericho[/name_u], [name_u]Sinai[/name_u], [name_f]Atarah[/name_f], Epha, [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f], Jedida, [name_f]Persis[/name_f], [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], [name_f]Zilpah[/name_f].

Not Biblical names, but are related to either a Biblical place name or a male name or is a variation of a female name: [name_f]Ophira[/name_f], [name_f]Jethra[/name_f], [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Josepha[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], Mosea, [name_f]Abra[/name_f], [name_f]Mattea[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_u]Simone[/name_u], [name_f]Thaddea[/name_f].

I totally get where you’re coming from, phoebesmom!

Thank you, nooshi, I like [name_f]Zillah[/name_f], [name_f]Adah[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Miri[/name_f] is a super cute nickname), and [name_f]Ziza[/name_f]!

I’m looking for some ideas of beautiful biblical girl names; however, I don’t want any of the names that are super common/overused. Middle name would be [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_u]Jean[/name_u], or possibly [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (two middle names).

You may like this site: Contact Support.

My favorites:
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f] - pronounced a-kay-sha
[name_f]Adaliah[/name_f] - ad-al-ya
[name_u]Adria[/name_u] - ad-ree-ya
[name_f]Aliyah[/name_f]
Anaiah - an-aw-yaw
Attalia - at-tal’-i-ah
Azaliah az-al-yaw
Azaniah - az-an-yaw
[name_u]Azariah[/name_u] - az-ar-yaw
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m] - az-ree-ale
[name_f]Calah[/name_f] - keh’-lah
Cyrene - sai-reen
Kinah - kee-naw
[name_f]Kyria[/name_f] - ky-ree’-ah
Reaia - reh-aw-yaw
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Zillah[/name_f]
[name_f]Zina[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Zorah[/name_f]

Others to consider:
Ahlai - pronounced ah-lay
Amah - pronounced aw-maw
[name_f]Anah[/name_f] - an-aw
[name_f]Ashbea[/name_f] - ash-bay’-ah
Azekah - az-ay-kaw
Cenchrea - ken-khreh-a
Chaldea - kal-de-yaa
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
Anava - an-aw-vaw
[name_f]Anise[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_m]Areli[/name_m] - ar-ay-lee
Arodi - ar-o-dee
[name_f]Atarah[/name_f] - at-aw-raw
Caesarea - see-zer-ya
Cana - kan-ah
[name_f]Carmi[/name_f] - kar-mee
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] - kets-ee-aw
Chenani - ken-aw-nee
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Keturah[/name_f] - ket-oo-raw
[name_f]Kezia[/name_f] - kets-ee-aw
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuel[/name_m] - reh-oo-ale
Rhesa
[name_f]Saphire[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_m]Seraphim[/name_m]
[name_f]Zarah[/name_f]
[name_u]Zia[/name_u]

On the boys’ aide, but could work for a girl:
Aiah - pronounced ah-yaw
Sariel

Okay, I don’t know if you want unique in terms of interesting, unheard of, type names, or recognised names that aren’t commonly used so much anymore but are still biblical. So, I’ll give you a mix of both.

Unusual:

[name_f]Keturah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorcas[/name_f] ([name_f]Tabitha[/name_f])
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Abihail[/name_f]
[name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Milcah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
Mizpah
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]
Bilhah
[name_f]Drusilla[/name_f]
[name_u]Terah[/name_u]
[name_f]Huldah[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_u]Neriah[/name_u]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
Shiphrah
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
Zemira
[name_f]Zilpah[/name_f]
[name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_f]Atarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Beulah[/name_f]

Not unusual- but not super popular
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemimah[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
[name_u]Jael[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Eunice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Marah[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Zina[/name_f]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]

Seemingly popular/ increasingly commonly used names

[name_f]Talitha[/name_f],
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]/[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] some ideas off the top of my head. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps a little. Sorry for any repeats. Also, if it’s important to you that the name you choose has biblical roots, you might also want to consider the meaning/legacy behind the name. Example: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] has become exceedingly popular, but knowing the story of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] from the bible, it’s certainly not a legacy I’d want to name my daughter after (even though it’s a very pretty sounding name). So, that might be something to think of too.

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] … love those together

[name_f]Athalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_u]Mika[/name_u]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]

If you’re thinking about [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] but not sold on it entirely, the form [name_f]Shoshanna[/name_f] might be one to consider.

I love [name_f]Keturah[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

My apologies for not responding sooner, I’ve just now been able to get on here!

But thank you for all the suggestions; here’s what I’m liking thus far:

[name_f]Zillah[/name_f]
[name_f]Adah[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Ziza[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kezia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
Mizpah (this actually has some meaning to me, I never thought of using it as a name!)
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
[name_f]Athalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]