Favorites #7: Dahlia

Trying to gain fresh perspective on my old favorites. You can talk about whatever aspect of the name you are most interested, meaning, personal opinions, associations, your favorite combos, siblings, whatever!

So, what do you think of [name]Dahlia[/name] ?

-------------------------------- history for those interested------------------------------------

From the name of the flower, which was named for the Swedish botanist [name]Anders[/name] Dahl.

[name]Dahlia[/name] is currently at #538 after entering the top 1000 for the first time 2006.

Past [name]Favorite[/name] Threads:

[name]Cordelia[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums
[name]Guinevere[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums
[name]Allegra[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums
[name]Zinnia[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!
[name]Beatrix[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums
[name]Juniper[/name] - Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!

[name]Dahlia[/name] is very pretty :).

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

[name]Dahlia[/name] is gorgeous, but the [name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] case does unsettle me a little.

[name]Dahlia[/name] is [name]Lovely[/name].

[name]Dahlia[/name] is one of my preferred flower names. For some reason it always makes me think of sunshiney spring days. It also fits in well with the current revival of more vintage names, but is not one that many people are using. So a girl with this name would fit in but stand out, if you know what I mean :wink:

Like it a lot! I think you list keeps getting better and better;)

[name]Love[/name] it! But that’s what I named my daughter, so I’m biased :slight_smile:

Ha, this made me chuckle. I’m glad [name]Dahlia[/name] is generally well-received.

Thanks, everybody. :slight_smile: