Favorites

It would be cool if you could keep a list of favorite names and then add middle names to them as well. Maybe it would be helpful to even add one’s last name. When you see a potential name in print, it’s easier to see whether you like it or not and whether all three (or more) names go together.

love that. I’m sending it to the guys… thanks! [name]Pam[/name]

Some kind of ranking system for the favorites would be fun and functional. [name]Just[/name] the ability to move names in the favorites list would be helpful. When thinking about baby names, I have mental “definitely love” and “worth considering” lists, in addition to my fantasy “if I had to name a baby right this second without input from anyone” number one personal picks. I would love to keep track of these on this site.

By the way, I worked in the children & family section of a great bookstore for years and your books were a guilty pleasure way before I had any need for a baby name. So, thanks for that and for the website, a brilliant compliment to the books.

This is a great idea too – plus maybe there should be a “I hate this name and so don’t even mention it to me!” place! So glad you like the books.

That huge Delete banner in favorites really needs to be less obtrusive. I’ve got a small favorite list and I swear that delete button is driving me mad! :smiley:

I’ve been waiting for you folks to start a standalone site, I’ve been a fan of your books for years! I don’t always agree with your choices (boys names on girls for example) but for the most part, you’re spot on! Thanks for the site and the potential for feedback!

yes! I totally agree. A discreet red x would work better.

I was trying to edit my favorites list as [name]Arthur[/name] is in there twice. I went to delete the second one (at the end of the list) and I get and 'error on page" blip at the bottom left and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem and is it fixable?

Our engineer is working on the Favorites page to make it more useful and functional. Sorry there are problems now but you should see big improvements soon…

Cool. I can wait a bit. :slight_smile:

I’d love to be able to sort the Favourites list a bit more. I like the idea of being able to rank them even more than the 5 star system allows (as suggested by another blogger). It would be great at a minimum to sort the boys and girls names too!

Thanks for a great site!