Favourite Girl's Name?

See the results of this poll: Favourite Girl’s Name?

Respondents: 54 (This poll is closed)

• Evangeline : 27 (50%)
  • Gaia (Jay-uh) : 3 (6%)
  • Lune : 3 (6%)
  • Annabel : 15 (28%)
  • Roselyn: 6 (11%)

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] being pronounced [name_u]Jay[/name_u]-uh. If you want that pronunciation I would suggest spelling it [name_f]Jaya[/name_f].

I may be a bit biased because it’s my middle name but I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] :heart:

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] are both my favorites.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] followed up by [name_f]Gaea[/name_f], but only if pronounced gay-ah or geh-ah

Torn between [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. Both have poetic connections - [name_m]Longfellow[/name_m]'s “[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]” and [name_u]Poe[/name_u]'s “[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u].” Downside of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is its root is connected to religious fanaticism, and downside to [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is that it (and other -bel names) have become so common/trendy. But I like them both!

[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] is definitely pronounced “[name_m]GUY[/name_m]-ah”, sorry. G + a back vowel like a is never going to give a “J” sound. For your pronunciation I’d go with Jaia or [name_f]Jaya[/name_f]; you could maybe even use Giaia, on the model of the Italian name [name_f]Gioia[/name_f] ([name_f]JOY[/name_f]-ah).

I adore [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] but not “[name_u]JAY[/name_u]-ah” so I voted for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. It’s a beautiful, recognisable but not overused name which gives a ton of nickname options. In a similar vein, you might like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] or [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] however on this occasion [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] wins!

I guess I’m in the minority, but my favorite of your options is [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]. Along the same vein you could also use [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is a close second. Similar names I like are [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], or [name_f]Madeline[/name_f].

Good luck!

I would have voted [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], but only with the pronunciation [name_m]GUY[/name_m]-uh. I voted for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] but not your pronunciation, so my vote goes to [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].