Favourite names as a child?

Those names remind me of the show my little ponies :joy: [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] would be a really cool name though!

3 Likes

Violet, Julia, Lila, Elise, Genevieve, Annie, and Lorelei had me spellbound as a child.

And I remember thinking James has a very handsome, serious sound to it, but beyond that, I wasn’t as wild about boy names. Ooh, except when the pastor would mention the name Luke, which always seemed so divinely powerful, as if it were a lightning bolt shooting straight up into the heavens. I also had a crush on a boy named Jason, so I liked that name for a while. I think I’ve always liked Jack, too. Probably because of Jack from The Magic Treehouse series :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

So poetic! :sparkles:

2 Likes

I remember when I was 7 and throughout primary school being so in love with the name Flavia for a girl because of the show Roman Mysteries xx My siblings all made fun tho that it sounded too much like the word flavour but I didn’t care, I loved that name!

2 Likes

I loved a lot of '80s/'90s/'00s names when I was little – my dolls had names like Crystal, Kelsey, Chelsea, Holly, Bailey, Ashley, Jessica, Amanda, etc. And I was determined my daughter someday would be called Paris.

Around eleven or twelve I hit my Downton Abbey phase, where all my favorite names were vintage – Elsie, Sybil, Rose, Edith, Cora, Lavinia, Jane, Daisy, etc.

Those are really the two main styles from my childhood. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

when I was about 4 I got a stuffed animal and my mom introduced me to the name [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]! That was my first name crush. :blush: And then I had some paper dolls [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and I liked [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] but ELODIE oh I’ve loved her for 11 years now :joy: From ages 6-9 or so I would name everything [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f] (not [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] for some reason) or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] :joy:

And when I was a bit older I fell in love with [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and I was convinced I would name twins [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] (tuh-LOO-luh pronunciation) and I remember liking [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], and [name_u]Jessie[/name_u], and then Camellia/Camella, [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u], [name_f]Iantha[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but when I saw the name [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] in a quotev quiz that’s when I really got into naming. And then [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] was my next name crush. When I heard [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] was a name, I immediately fell in love and haven’t fell out of love since :grin:

[name_u]Liam[/name_u] was my first boys name crush I can remember…when I was about 9 or 10 maybe? And then [name_m]Evander[/name_m] (I read it in The Forbidden Library (book 2) and fell in love. Um from ages about 11-13 I liked [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Will[/name_u], [name_u]Jace[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], Zach/Zachary, [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m], [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], and [name_u]Aiden[/name_u].

2 Likes

For a boy [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

I also liked the sort of made up middle of Shilah for a boy.

For girls, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Thanks [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] lol.

2 Likes

I very strongly remember the name ‘Amy’ after the protagonist of the Heartland book series

3 Likes

i loved bella, rebecca, mia, erin, mischa, shannon, charlotte, and jules :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]! However, I was convinced if I had a daughter I’d name her [name_u]Marie[/name_u].

2 Likes

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], Ella-Grace, [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m] and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@miloowen you had amazing taste as a kid :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: haha

my favorites as a kid:

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (my all time favorite name)
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_u]Senna[/name_u]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_m]Perth[/name_m] (I definitely thought if I had two sons they would be named [name_m]Perth[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I still like both names but I hate them as a sibset now)
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathanael[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u] (my two childhood crush was named [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] so that definitely influenced me liking the name, lol)

such an all over the place kind of style, lol.

1 Like