• Paz

0 voters

Esperanza (eh-spair-awn-sah) means [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Milagros[/name_f] (meel-ah-gros) means Miracles
Alegría (awl-eh-gree-ah) means [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Paz[/name_u] (pahs) means [name_u]Peace[/name_u]

Esperanza is lovely. I also quite like Alegria

[name_m]Just[/name_m] one? :sweat_smile:
I love [name_u]Paz[/name_u]! It’s on my middle name list. [name_f]Milagros[/name_f] and [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] are stunning names. I have never heard [name_f]Alegria[/name_f] as a name, but I adore that idea!

I’d imagine they’re quite similar in Portuguese!

1 Like

Yes, they are very similar!
[name_u]Paz[/name_u] is a Portuguese word too.

[name_f]Milagros[/name_f] -> Milagre
[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] -> Esperança
Alegría -> [name_f]Alegria[/name_f]

Unfortunately, Portuguese people aren’t very unique or brave when it comes to baby names :pensive: I have met a few older women named Esperança, but I have never met anyone with the other names. I hope this changes in the next generation!

I love Salamanca with the nick name [name_u]Sal[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]!

Out of yours I like [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Luz[/name_f].

[name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] is my favorite of these (:heart_eyes:) , but [name_f]Reina[/name_f] is my favorite Spanish word name for girls.

[name_u]Paz[/name_u] is gorgeously simple, chic and cool.

I also really love [name_f]Luz[/name_f], [name_u]Sol[/name_u] and [name_f]Fe[/name_f], on the short and sweet word name theme.

[name_f]Milagros[/name_f] and [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] are lovely too, as is [name_f]Alba[/name_f].

Alegría is really pretty and has a great meaning, but I always think of Sangria when I hear/see it! :wine_glass: (Not a bad thing, of course… :wink:)