Faye, thoughts?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! [name]Just[/name] wondering if I could get your thoughts/impressions of the name [name]Faye[/name]. I think it could be adorable on a little girl. I see it as a familiar name that isn’t crazy popular; not over the top girly but definitely feminine. So what do you think: a vintage name that could be revived or an old lady name that’s day has passed?

Thanks.

I like it! I would love to meet a little girl named [name]Faye[/name]. You could also use it as a nickname for [name]Faith[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Finola[/name] or something else.

It’s amazing. I knew a girl named [name]Faye[/name], she’s eighteen I think and a beautiful singer, so that gives it a great image for me. It sounds airy and pretty to me, very girly. I love it :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Faye[/name] (esp. this spelling). It has a light, airy, but vintage (1940s? 1960s?) feel to me, too.

I dont usually post negatively but [name]Faye[/name] is not my favorite! But dont get down- it is probably bc my paternal grandMOTHER’S name is [name]Jimmy[/name] [name]Faye[/name] [name]Ray[/name]- lol

Gorgeous…I love short but sweet names like [name]May[/name] and [name]Lou[/name].

Thanks guys! I think it’ll be added to our short list! We find out next week if this baby is a boy or a girl- then the real name search fun begins!

I love the name [name]Faye[/name]! GL!

I love this name. I think it’s a great choice.

[name]Adore[/name] the name [name]Faye[/name]. It’s oddly enough in the Irish top 100. I love this spelling too, an adorable addition to you list!

Not ready for a comeback yet…

I adore the name [name]Faye[/name]! Although, I am most likely going to use it as a middle name, not a first. It is my #1 pick for a middle.
P.S. I have a thing for vintage names and I am glad they are coming back in fashion.
and… there is a [name]Faye[/name] in The [name]Secret[/name] Circle books/tv show, as well, and she is quite sassy

I have a little second cousin named [name]Faye[/name], and I think it’s great! It’s definitely ready for a comeback.

Sadly, my husband quickly vetoed it :frowning: His taste is impossible to guess, I thought it’d be a go… I love it but it’s now joined the “can’t use” list along with so many other lovely names I adore sigh.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts!

I really love it, its on my own list :slight_smile:

I like it, too bad your husband said no to it:(

Must confess I like [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name] and [name]Rae[/name] more, but I don’t hate [name]Faye[/name].

Try the other ones on hubby! :wink:

I’ve always liked [name]Faye[/name] because of its link to the word “fairy.” As a fantasy nerd, that gives it an appealing mystical feel to me. Sorry that your husband vetoed it. :frowning:

[name]Faye[/name] is a pretty name but the only [name]Faye[/name] I know is an 88 yr old woman so that makes me think it is too old ladyish for a modern baby.

I met an adorable young [name]Faye[/name] a few years back which made me fall in love with her name. But then I met a bratty one more recently which has dulled it for me. [name]Both[/name] girls were about 8 or 9 when I met them. This is my favourite spelling, I knew a girl in school who was a few years above me was called [name]Fay[/name] and I always thought it was a bit incomplete without the e.