Faye

My great grandmother was named [name_f]Faye[/name_f] & I do like it but I really like the sound of “[name_f]Fay[/name_f]-er” which I’ve seen spelled Phayre & [name_f]Fayre[/name_f]… I don’t like super girly names and live in the [name_u]South[/name_u] US so maiden names are used a lot for girls. What else could I use to honor [name_f]Faye[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Faye[/name_f]! even though it’s feminine, it’s not very girly in my opinion. I could only think of [name_m]Fraser[/name_m], which I see as a boy’s name but might work if you prefer masculine/surnames for girls!

I adore [name_f]Faye[/name_f]! It was my grandma’s middle name!
Have you considered other spellings of [name_f]Faye[/name_f] like:
[name_f]Fay[/name_f]
Fai
[name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_u]Feie[/name_u]
Or [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u] could have the nn [name_f]Faye[/name_f]!:grin:

2 Likes

When I read Fayre it just sounds like “fair” to me, which isn’t to say anything against it, just worth noting. I’m also from the west coast though which might have something to do with my impression of the pronunciation.

Names that could be used to honor Faye possibly:
Farrah
Fabienne
Farelly
Faine
Phaedra
Fable
Faraday

Personally I really like Faye.

1 Like

The [name_f]Fae[/name_f] spelling is my fave :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Either [name_f]Faye[/name_f] or [name_f]Farrah[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is sorely under rated. It would be great to see it make a come back

I really like [name_f]Faye[/name_f] pronounced FAY I think it’s a sweet fairy like choice. Not keen on your desired pronunciation it sounds like fair which is not a favourite word name.

Fayre to me is fay-ruh

I love [name_f]Faye[/name_f]! Maybe you’d like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] nn [name_f]Fey[/name_f]?

1 Like

Fayre would be sweet though you might like [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]

I quite like [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. It’s a little plain, but a soft and sweet classic. I never can settle on my favourite spelling for it.

There’s a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] with a daughter called Feyre, pronounced FAY-ruh I think, which I think is really pretty and striking.

There’s also the Scottish island name Faray (or Faerey in Norse), which I think would make a stunning name.

Or maybe Fairlie (a Scottish place name) or Farley (an [name_f]English[/name_f] and Irish surname).

1 Like

My great-grandmother was a [name_f]Faye[/name_f] as well!! I don’t have any suggestions rn but I think the other ones in this thread are wonderful, I love the name

1 Like

My mn is [name_f]Fay[/name_f], which of course I prefer. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is a name which could give you [name_f]Fay[/name_f].

I was just whispering it out loud to myself trying to determine if it’s the same for me too! It is, btw.

I like [name_f]Faye[/name_f], it’s soft and sweet.