Feedback on combos please

I’ve been playing with some combos lately and would appreciate any feedback- which combos you like or don’t like, which ones sound good as siblings etc. Daughter is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. Thank you!

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] (current front runner but is [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] too clunky or just right with zippy Zoe?)

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (I know I would end up calling her [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] all the time with this one. [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Cate[/name_f]? [name_f]Cait[/name_f]? [name_f]Kate[/name_f]? Not sure which spelling to go with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is an honor name and we are undecided if we want to go that route or not)

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] (I go back and forth on this one)

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (sassy! But flow feels kinda off to me)

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (I worry this screams “I was born in the 2020s”)

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (same as above)

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] “MJ” (absolutely love especially with MJ as a nickname but I worry having an [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] would corner us into picking another 3 syllable ends in A option for a third girl)

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] (better than [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] in full?)

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] (love this combo! But has the same baggage as [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] above)

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (this feels so serene to me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the option of nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f] based off initials EV)

Thank you!

1 Like

Zoe Miranda - ooh I love this! Sweet, balanced and literary. Also cool meaning -marvelous/miraculous life!!

Zoe Catherine (Catherine - Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | Nameberry) - I’m not as excited by this one but it’s a solid choice and Zoe Kate is sweet. Would you consider Zoe Kate on its own? It still works as an honour for Catherine :slight_smile:

Zoe Fiona - not a fan of Fiona, sorry. And the repeated ee and o sounds throws the flow a little

Zoe Georgia - bubbly and cute -maybe Zoe Georgina?

Zoe Violet - maybe Violet is on trend but I haven’t heard Zoe much? So it doesn’t give me 2020s vibes exclusively. It’s pretty. Zoe Viola and Zoe Iris came to mind as similar choices

Zoe Maeve - beautiful but doesn’t quite flow as well as the others. Zoe Mabel or Zoe Mavis?

Miranda June “MJ” -ooh this ia bright and pretty with a versatile nn. I don’t think it boxes you into a pattern since i feel two is a coincidence, threes a pattern if that makes sense

Mira June -i do really love just Mira and slightly prefer it. It has a certain intrigue and charm

Lydia June -Beautiful and bubbly! I feel like since Lydia looks shorter than Aurora, it doesn’t quite feel matchy to me if that makes sense

Eden Violet - this is sweet, charming and joyful. I like nn Evie and Aurora and Eden make a sweet set

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is gorgeous.

Here are my thoughts on the list:

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] Miranda-I like it. I’m not super keen on either of these names, but I don’t think that they’re bad names either. As a combo, however, I think that this is nice style wise & it flows well. I used to love [name_u]Zoe[/name_u], but it’s just so over done these days. It is pretty cute w/Aurora.

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] Catherine-I think that if [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] in an honor name w/a ‘C’, then go w/Catherine. I like [name_f]Cate[/name_f] more than [name_f]Kate[/name_f] anyway. It looks sleeker. I do kind of prefer [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], because it’s a bit more unique. [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is nice though. And I like family names.

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] Fiona-Aw, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. That’s my sweet doggy’s name, so I’m a bit obsessed. [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is unexpected & just lovely.

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] Georgia-Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t know if it flows or if the styles really go together.

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] Maeve-I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but not sure that this is the best flow. It’s not the worst either.

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] ‘MJ’-I don’t care for MJ, but [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] isn’t a bad combo. [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] is just a bit clunky for my tastes. It goes well w/Aurora, I think. I like the nns [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Miri[/name_f].

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] June-Ooh, yes. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]Mira[/name_f]. Actually, I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] & [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] & [name_f]Mirabella[/name_f] more. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is sweet.

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] June-I wouldn’t worry about the two ‘a’ endings w/Lydia & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. They sound lovely together, but if you had a third girl along the road w/a non ‘a’ ending, it wouldn’t be a problem. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is pretty.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] Violet-It is serene! It’s not my first choice w/Aurora, but I’m not sure why. I get the [name_f]Evie[/name_f] nn, but it feels awkward because [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is so natural.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! I really like your suggestions of [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and I love the idea of just [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as well but unfortunately it sounds kinda choppy with our surname. I especially appreciate the feedback regarding my [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] combos; I feel a lot better about using that name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zoe Miranda - my favorite of your zoe combinations, both names contrast but in a way that completes what is missing from the other. i love a longer middle to a shorter first, and this sounds great with aurora madeleine !

Zoe Catherine - i do like the flow of this one also, but i wonder maybe since you aren’t sure on using an honor name and that zoe cate is an issue for you that you don’t love it as much ?

Zoe Fiona - i don’t have a problem with it, i just think it feels a little mismatched with big sister

Zoe Georgia - i agree, i think the -e sound of zoe and georgia clash a little, but as a combination it is nice

Zoe Violet - violet has had popularity a century ago, so i wouldn’t worry about the trendy aspect. i really love these two together though, the z and v look very quirky together !

Zoe Maeve - i like it ! maeve softens zoe a little, the only issue i’d say is thatit feels a little short.

Miranda June “MJ” - gorgeous ! miranda is such an underused gem, and june is the perfect middle name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i didn’t notice the 3 syllable pattern, especially with nicknames it could vary it up a little. have you considered miranda zoe too ?

Mira June - it is very sweet, but again feels a little short. i love both names, but it seems your heart belongs to miranda, so perhaps mira could work as a nickname ?

Lydia June - another one of my favorites ! lydia june is so adorable and works for many personalities.

Eden Violet - i really like this one for you too ! i love how violet adds a bit of color and feminine feel to unisex eden

1 Like

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is good also but I’d stay away from that for the reason you stated. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be my pick.

1 Like

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] feel dated to me. I like that [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is an honor name, but they both feel like they don’t match as well with the modern [name_u]Zoe[/name_u].

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] definitely feels very trendy. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is so popular right now so it definitely could feel dated in a few years.

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] are my favorites! I think they flow beautifully. I like both names on their own and together.

1 Like

[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]- MJ is my favorite by far!!
I absolutelly love this combo and feel like it is a perfect match with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
I wouldt have noticed any patherns if you didnt mention it… i dont think the next name needs to be 3 syllables or and in -a
I would also like to suggest [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] which i think would be perfect as well

1 Like

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are my favourites. If I could mix and match, I would adore [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I think it would go so nicely with your DD name too.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback! You all have boosted my confidence in many of the names I was unsure of all also provided so many lovely comments on the combos I put together. Thank you!