Feedback on Lucy Penelope

My four-year-old daughter actually suggested [name]Penelope[/name] as a middle name for [name]Lucy[/name]. I think it would be very sweet if her sister had some say in helping with her name. I can’t think of any issues that come from this combination. My husband even likes it and this is a big plus because it’s been hard to find names that we both like for this baby. What do you think? I’d appreciate any feedback (positive or negative). Thank you! I find out in just two weeks if baby #4 is a boy or a girl. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: We found out today that we will be having another girl, and we have decided to go with Lucy Penelope as her name. Thank you so much for all of the great feedback!

That is so sweet!!! :slight_smile: I think it is very cute I don’t see any problems with it unless your last name ends in a long EE sound, then it might sound silly for all of her names to end in the sound. I think it is really cute though and would be a great story to tell her where her name came from :slight_smile:

It’s so sweet! [name]Both[/name] the name and that her sister came up with it. :slight_smile:

I think it works well in style and sound.

Did you see over on namecandy that the singer [name]Kasey[/name] Chambers recently let her kids pick her new daugther’s MN…she is named [name]Poet[/name] Poppin’. Yes, with an apostrophe. Supposedly because she referred to the baby’s movements in utero as “poppin’ like corn”. [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is head and shoulders better…

I really like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]:slight_smile:

My niece is [name]Penelope[/name] and I love her name! She is [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Patricia[/name].

I adore [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]! I think it goes splendidly with your DDs’ names!

I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are in my top 10, and I think choosing a name that your daughter helped pick is a really good idea (:

[name]Lovely[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is very sweet!

I think it’s a great idea to let your daughters suggest names. When I was six, my mother let me pick my 2nd brothers’ mn ([name]Tyler[/name] back in '87). I was so proud and was instantly in love with him, and I think a lot of that had to do with being able to help choose his name.

It’s gorgeous :slight_smile: [name]Alice[/name] has both a lovely name and great naming style! My younger sister was born when I was four - I cried for a week because my parent’s didn’t name her ‘Fizz’. If only I’d been into names then…

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is GORGEOUS! :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and just adore your other children’s names! I can’t wait to hear what you are having. We had 4 kids in under 5 years ( a set of twins in there :slight_smile: and it was tough but so worth it!

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad that so much of it is positive. I had to admit that I was very impressed by my oldest daughter’s idea. It’s much better than the name she wants to use if the baby is a boy. (Spiderman.)

Absolutely stunning! [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is perfect in every way. I also like Spiderman, but less so :wink:

UPDATE: We found out today that we will be having another girl, and we have decided to go with [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] as her name. Thank you so much for all of the great feedback!

Very sweet! Great with the sibset too. Congratulations!

[name]Love[/name] it! So precious.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is adorable and goes beautifully with her sister’s names.

Good choice, lovely to see such a fresh combo.

rollo

You will have a very well- named daughter and a perfect sibset :slight_smile: IMHO