Feedback on these names?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I haven’t had some feedback in a while and recently updated my favorites. Would love some! Thanks NB :slight_smile:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] (prefer the tay-gehn pronunciation over tee-gahn)
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] (prefer ah-ree-ell over air-ee-ehl and lo-rehn over laur-en)
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] (which is better?)

Thank you!

Obviously these wouldn’t work as sibsets (Liora + Laurel + Arielle?) but which ones do you think would work best as sisters?

Edit: I know there are a lot of laur- and lor- names, they are family ones :slight_smile:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - lovelovelove [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]! I’ve recently re-added it to my list as [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. I’d considered the combo quite seriously several months ago, but didn’t really think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] was “me” as a FN, so I let it go, even though I was massively in love with the combo. I have [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] all over my list (mainly because my mom’s name is a form of it, and I love how timeless she is), but I’m not sure I love it with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]? Granted, [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the only combo I’ve found that I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] for [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. :slight_smile: It’s really lovely and timeless, though, and I think it’d even be pretty fun to call out the full “[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]” around the house. It’d be a charming double!

[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] - I like [name_f]Kira[/name_f] okay, but like [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m]/[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] for a boy much, much more. [name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u]'s nice, but I hesitate with the [name_u]TAY[/name_u]-gen pronunciation, because it sounds a LOT like Taken to me, which of course reminds me of the Taken movies. I’m not sure that’s such a great association? I wouldn’t want the strongest association to be tied to a series of movies that starts off with a girl being kidnapped (fairly brutally, from the parts I’ve seen of the film). Then again, I guess you could spin it that you were so completely “taken” with your daughter that you loved her the second you laid eyes on her. But I’m still not sure I’m a huge fan.

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] - I much prefer [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] to [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], but [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is lovely. My best friend nearly named her daughter [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. :slight_smile: Is [name_u]Loren[/name_u] after [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u]? I like it quite a lot, and [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] is very stylish. Not something I would have put together, but I do love it a lot.

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] - I’m not the hugest [name_f]Maple[/name_f] fan, because it reminds me of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (which I hate), but [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] works well, and I like [name_f]Liora[/name_f] a lot! I do prefer [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] or [name_f]Leona[/name_f] more, personally, though.

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]/[name_f]Athene[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] better, much as I (vastly) prefer [name_u]Avery[/name_u] for a boy. I think [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is really cool, probably because I like [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] so much. :slight_smile:

I really love [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f] together (even more, though, [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]! I love how Hebrew they feel together!), and I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] or [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Kira[/name_f], and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] are great together. I think a lot of these work pretty well together, though. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - I love this one. Simple yet classic.
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] - Not a big fan of either names. I love [name_f]Kira[/name_f] spelled [name_f]Keira[/name_f] or [name_f]Kiera[/name_f], I really don’t like it spelled [name_f]Kira[/name_f]. I also find [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] (whatever pr.) very harsh as a name.
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] - Too heavy on the l’s.
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] - Interesting choice. I’m not a big fan, but there’s nothing wrong with it; just NMS.
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] - Polar opposite naming styles jammed into one name. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Feels like it doesn’t work in this case.
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Athena[/name_f], not so fond of [name_f]Athene[/name_f]. I also have bad associations with someone called [name_f]Laurelle[/name_f] (which I’m reminded of by [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]) so. It’s not a bad name though.

I prefer [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f], but [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is lovely. My favourite would be [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] make a good sibset.

Thanks for your feedback! It is very useful :slight_smile: I should mention, as a general rule I dislike -a or -ah ending names first names because my SO’s last name ends in -a and I think things like “[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] Scuba” are too sing-songy, wheras [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] flows better. I do also like [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] better, but that’s why it isn’t there! [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is an exception because I love it and it might work… as is [name_f]Kira[/name_f], but I know I’d never name a future daughter [name_f]Kira[/name_f] with my SO’s surname (take out the S in my sample name and that’s what it is).

[name_u]Tegan[/name_u] is a family name, as well as the [name_f]Laure[/name_f]/[name_f]Lore[/name_f] cognates, which is why there are so many of them! I seem to prefer long vowels and l’s as a general thing. I’m happy to hear [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] has some pretty good feedback right now–[name_f]Maple[/name_f] is my newest crush, and I am crushing hard.

Again, really appreciate all of your comments! Would love some more as well :slight_smile:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is classy, elegant and beautiful, and I also really like [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f]. I personally find [name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] a little trendy sounding, and nowhere near as classy as [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] etc.

I would definitely pair [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] together, they sound like wonderful sisters. They sound timeless and have a vintage feel about them, while [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] sounds a little more modern so that’s why I don’t like it in there.

Thank you! I think I am starting to see [name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] as trendy myself. I do still love [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] as a middle name but can’t find that elusive first name to pair it with…

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is lovely, [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is expected (for some reason especially in this combo)
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] - I think you would have to spell [name_u]Tegan[/name_u], [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] to get at least a shot at the pronunciation; [name_f]Kira[/name_f] is lovely
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] - I don’t love [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], it reminds me to much of “the little mermaid”, [name_u]Loren[/name_u] has never been a favourite of mine
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] - [name_f]Liora[/name_f] is interesting, [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is sweet; they work really well together
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] - I’m not a fan of any Lau- fan as they all sound quite dated to me, [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is nice
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] - definitely prefer [name_f]Athene[/name_f] over [name_u]Avery[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is a beautiful name, classic and familiar but not overly common. I feel the same about [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f], just beautiful. I much prefer [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] (or [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]) to [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u].

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is interesting, two uncommon names together. Of the many “Li-“ names I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] Lyanna. Lyanna [name_f]Maple[/name_f] could be interesting…

[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] is cute. I like both names separately but I am not a huge fan of them together. And I think you would be correcting pronunciation of [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] whenever you have to use her full name (albeit that would not be too often).

As for [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u], I think its just too much. A vast majority of people pronounce [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] like the [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid (air-ee-ehl). And while I think this could not be a huge problem, with the strange middle name with an odd (and, if I am being honest very “posh”) pronunciation, it brings the whole name down to a confusing meld of personal preference over reality.

I would go with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f], or Lyanna [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. (I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] are DARLING sister names)

I agree with the others, [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] make a beautiful sibset. I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], but it’s kind of ho-hum for me. What about [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] or [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and then have a sibling be [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] (which is a perfect combo and the most original on your list). [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] isn’t bad, but [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] is much better.

[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] does not sound well together, though neither are horrible names. [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] is a tongue twister, especially since you want them both pronounced less traditionally. I only foresee problems with that combo in the future.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is my favourite, by far. So classic and lovely, and very Hepburn :wink:

I think that [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] would be a nice set of sisters, as would [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Kira[/name_f], and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f].

Thank you for your replies! Laur- names are family names and I’m swayed a bit away from [name_u]Tegan[/name_u]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is my fav followed by [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u].

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]-- Classic, simple, feminine. Safe choice.
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] (prefer the tay-gehn pronunciation over tee-gahn)-- I like this a lot, but prefer the Tee-gan pronunciation
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u]-- I don’t like this because I pronounced it the exact way you didn’t want, and I think you’d be spending a lot of time correcting people on her name.
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]-- This is whimsical and fun and lovely. Might be my favorite.
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f]—> This would be my favorite if it were [name_f]Athena[/name_f] instead.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is lovely! I love [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] :slight_smile:
I like [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f], too. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is very under-appreciated, I think. While I don’t really like [name_u]Avery[/name_u], I do think [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] sounds great.
The other combos aren’t my cup of tea, though.

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. So pretty and spunky!
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] flows better I think.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - Sounds too much like a designer or an American Girl [name_m]Doll[/name_m]
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] - If you want to have a different pronunciation maybe [name_f]Taegen[/name_f]? It is a middle name so it shouldn’t matter as much
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] - [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] seems to be spelled correctly for the pronunciation that you want. Maybe Lohren?
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_f]Liora[/name_f] but [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is cute!
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] - Very original. I like it!
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] (which is better?) - [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Athene[/name_f] is better because its even more unique

I love both [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. They are both simple and beautiful. I also think they’d make a great sibset.