Feedback on Vianne

I’ve had this name on and off of the list for a couple of years and I’m thinking about it again. Can you share your opinions on it? I’ve read it’s the heroine of Chocolat (I’ve never seen the movie but maybe I should). I’m most likely to use it as [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Vianne[/name_f].

Thanks!

I think it’s an intriguing name! I have never heard it before but when I first read your post, I read it as a shortened version of ‘[name_f]Vivianne[/name_f]’. Personally I think having a first name and a middle name that both have 2 syllables can seem a little repetitive, but other than that I see no problems with it. I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] is really pretty and unique; I can imagine that any girl would be happy with such a name!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the movie “Chocolat” and I do like this name but I’ve had trouble finding combinations for it. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] is very musical and elegant!

I think [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] is beautiful and interesting. I’d like to see it in the first name spot! Nickname [name_f]Vi[/name_f] is nice too.

There are so many great names in Chocolat; I also love [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] “[name_u]Caro[/name_u]”, [name_f]Armande[/name_f], [name_m]Luc[/name_m], [name_u]Charly[/name_u] and [name_u]Roux[/name_u].

I might actually consider it as a first. [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], maybe? Sisters are [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] “[name_f]Gwennie[/name_f]”.

Bumping for any more opinions. I’m going today to pick up Chocolat from the library, and I saw that it’s on Netflix. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] has taken the lead on my list. I was so certain I would use [name_f]Viviane[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Vianne[/name_f] is a closer nod to [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s name [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

I’ve always liked [name_f]Vianne[/name_f], and I love it in the combo with [name_f]Willa[/name_f]! I agree it’s a wonderful way to honor [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] :slight_smile: