Feedback?

There’s no baby involved yet but OH has become near insistent that we continue his family tradition of using the middle spot for honoring. The only honoring names we can agree on are [name_m]Eric[/name_m] (FIL’s middle) or [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] (OH’s middles, his grandfather’s middle and my grandfather’s middle).
Our first choice for a boy is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but I don’t like either [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m].
Another possibility is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m] or [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m].

WDYT of the four combos listed?

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m] isn’t bad. I like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] better but it doesn’t sound good with your middle names.

I don’t think any of them are terrible, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] does flow better but you say you love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] the most. I say go for [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], flow is nice but it isn’t as important as the first name being the one you love. Middle names are rarely used or even known. I just don’t think you should let the flow stop you from using your favorite name, considering [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] work just fine. In fact I actually rather like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m].

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m]- like this the most
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m]- a close second
I just don’t think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] goes with the middle names as is. Have you two considered have two middle names?

Example:
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m]
Or
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m]

A mouthful-yes. But it will only be on paper for the most part and this way they will flow better, still have the meaning your husband likes, and you get to pick middle names. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!!

I think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] flow nicely.

I think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m] is very handsome! I know two Isaacs…one is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], the other is [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]! I’m not really a fan of [name_m]Simon[/name_m].

I think they are all nice except [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] because both names end the same.

I would use [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and save [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] for the next boy, if you have one.

Thanks everyone! I appreciated it. I think OH is worn out on names so there’s no one to bunch ideas off of.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Becker[/name_m] is incredibly handsome!! I love the name [name_m]Simon[/name_m] in general, but with these combos, I much prefer [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Eric[/name_m] isn’t bad either, but [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] just has that amazing ring to it AND it honors both sides of the family. Doesn’t get much better than that. :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree.
I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] better of the two, but I wouldn’t hesitate to use both.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is my favorite too. I think it works just fine!

I vote [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] too. great flow, and it seems handsomely classic to me.

I may mention using two middle names. One honoring and one we just love.
We had several names lined up as options and this change means most could never be used.

Does anyone have an idea on how to maybe persuade him into using an honoring name that isn’t the actual name of the person?