Feeling a little discouraged

I have been having a really hard time finding a girl name I like. I want a name with some personality, but not something people think is too out there. I posted an idea on another site and people were really mean. Maybe this is an indication it isn’t the name for my child, but I wanted some more opinions. I like [name]Cora[/name], but want more. I also like the “wyn” sound in some names. Put together something like Corawyn? On the other site they said I was just spelling [name]Corwin[/name] incorrectly. I understand where they are coming from, but would appreciate some ideas not just mean comments. Any ideas? Thanks:D

[name]Cora[/name] is lovely on its own, I think. I am not very drawn to Corawyn, it’s a bit hard to say. What do you think of [name]Coraline[/name]? [name]Coralie[/name]? Or even the simple and vibrant [name]Coral[/name]? These are my favourites of the “[name]Cora[/name]” names, but if you do a Nameberry search for names containing “cora” you’ll get a slew of options! Names with the ‘wyn’ sound are a little trickier for me. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Bronwyn[/name]? [name]Gwyneth[/name]? [name]Olwyn[/name]? [name]Rowan[/name]? [name]Winifred[/name]? I hope you find the perfect name! [name]Don[/name]'t be too discouraged, you’re never going to find a name that meets universal acclaim. [name]Just[/name] find the one that feels right to you!

Hello and welcome to nameberry I agree with phia that [name]Cora[/name] it is a lovely vintage name and it is very popular with nameberries who may have slightly different taste to those in other forums, it is a Greek name meaning maiden. If you like it spelt as [name]Corah[/name] the meaning is the unchanging one.

I think [name]Coraline[/name] is a very pretty name and it has the lovely the nn’s of either [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Coral[/name].

Perhaps the name [name]Corinne[/name] would be closer to the wyn ending that appeals to you, not because it has wyn in it but it just feels that way. Combo of Corinne Helena, Corinne Gwendolen, Corinne Winter.

[name]Winter[/name] is a popular nature name for girls now and of course with the nn of [name]Win[/name] would fit right in with your criteria. Combo of Winter Coraline.

Or you may like [name]Coraline[/name] [name]Winter[/name]

If you like vintage style names you may like [name]Edwina[/name] with the nn of [name]Win[/name] combo of [name]Edwina[/name] [name]Coral[/name]

Or [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] as a combo to include [name]Cor[/name] and Win, and Cora Winter

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] is a beautiful name and I like the combo of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

[name]Gwyneth[/name] is also pretty, [name]Cora[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]

[name]Carina[/name] is a beautiful name Combo of [name]Carina[/name] [name]Winsome[/name]

[name]Catriona[/name] (pronounced as [name]Katrina[/name]) is also a beautiful name and I think [name]Catriona[/name] [name]Winsome[/name] is just lovely

[name]Do[/name] any of these ideas appeal to you? We are happy to help you as long as you want to lots and lots of nameberries post again and again till they find the perfect name(s) for their baby.

All the best,

rollo

Thank you so much for the ideas! I’m feeling a lot less discouraged. I do think it would be too long with wyn. I really really appreciate the constructive criticism. I do like [name]Cora[/name] by itself and never thought of using the middle name that way. Very excited, thank you so much. Really liked [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name], sounds so beautiful.

I’m glad you’re a bit less discouraged now! I really love a lot of @rollo’s suggestions and was going to suggest many of the same ideas! The only option I haven’t seen suggested yet was [name]Cordelia[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name], which I think is just charming. Maybe you could do something like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Winter[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name]… and maybe you could even have Corawyn as one of those nicknames that only you have for your daughter?

I do love just [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name], though–so pretty!

Good luck!

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is beautiful! Also, I love ashthedreamer’s suggestion of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Winter[/name], too.

I personally love [name]Cora[/name] by itself. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is pretty! What about [name]Cora[/name] Wryn?
If you love Corawyn why not [name]Coralyn[/name] it flows a bit smoother and [name]IMO[/name] more feminine sounding :slight_smile:

[name]Cora[/name] is very nice, I dont like Corawyn as much as just plain [name]Cora[/name].

Agree with the others, maybe find a middle with wyn sound…
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
Ceinwen
Elowen
[name]Rowen[/name]

I absolutely adore [name]Cora[/name] on its own! I really like the suggestion of [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name]. So pretty, yet original at the same time. Not a fan of Corawyn.

[name]Welcome[/name] to nameberry! We’re not mean here! :slight_smile: I agree with the [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name] suggestions. Good luck!

[name]Coralyn[/name] sounds pretty- similar to [name]Carolyn[/name].

emiliaj

Thank you again for the great ideas. This site feels very supportive, so nice to find! My hubby and I are really liking [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name].:wink:

I am happy that you are much happier now that you have found a supportive naming forum.

[name]Feel[/name] free to run any ideas by us in case you want more suggestions, we are only too happy to help.

rollo

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Winter[/name]! So pretty!

• [name]Rollo[/name], now I can’t message you, says you have exceeded your limit.

[name]Hi[/name] I was just advised of that by one of the other berries but I have now deleted files so you will be able to reach me now.

And thanks for letting me know.

rollo