Felicity or Sienna?

I’ve never liked [name]Felicity[/name] before, but now I think it sounds kind of pretty. Someone once told me that [name]Siena[/name] is a better spelling because it’s the name of the city in [name]Italy[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] is an ugly brown color. I’m wondering if people would pronounce it right if spelled [name]Siena[/name].

I love [name]Felicity[/name] but to me it has quite a different vibe than [name]Sienna[/name] does. [name]Felicity[/name] is vintage and goes with the virtue name trend (not that it is trendy) whereas [name]Sienna[/name] to me is a little dated and with [name]Siena[/name] spelling follows the place name trendy (which I think is a little trendy with all the Brooklyns, Bostons, etc). I don’t think you’d have pronunciation issues with [name]Siena[/name] - I can’t imagine how else people would try to say it - but you may have to correct spelling every once in a while as I think most people would be more familiar with [name]Sienna[/name].

[name]Felicity[/name] is one of my favorite names so that’s my vote. If you’ve only just recently started to like it though maybe you should wait to make sure it’s really the name for you. Personally I like the color Burnt [name]Sienna[/name] but I don’t think people will have a pronounciation issue with [name]Siena[/name]. Good luck with whatever you decide.

[name]FELICITY[/name] [name]FELICITY[/name] [name]FELICITY[/name]! It’s infinitely classier, more unique, less trendy, and, in my opinion, the overall better name. I see the appeal of [name]Sienna[/name], but it really didn’t have a history as a name until [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Miller[/name]. That might not matter to some people, but personally I like more historical names, and it’s somewhat trendy at the moment (though not wildly.) But if you decide on [name]Sienna[/name] and like the [name]Siena[/name] spelling, go ahead and use it. It’ll probably be misspelled once in a while either way, and it’s not that hard to say “[name]Siena[/name] with one n.” But my vote is still [name]Felicity[/name].

Definitely [name]Felicity[/name]! It had far more class and a lot of history. I am going to be quite honest and say I have always hated the name [name]Sienna[/name]. It reminds me of [name]Sierra[/name] which I like even less, and both of those are quite trendy in some circles.

[name]Felicity[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Sienna[/name] / [name]Siena[/name] gets my vote. [name]Felicity[/name] is too syrupy for my taste. I think [name]Sienna[/name] ages better.

Another vote for [name]Felicity[/name]! I love that name.
[name]Sienna[/name] isn’t bad, but it just strikes me as a trendy name and makes me think of the minivan :roll:

I see opinion is divided here, but when I saw the subject line, I couldn’t help thinking: Are you kidding? That’s no contest. [name]Felicity[/name], definitely!

Someone said [name]Siena[/name] is dated, Im shocked to hear that since its really never been that popular. I personally like [name]Siena[/name] better, and like the link to the Italian city.

[name]Felicity[/name]. [name]Sienna[/name] does seem tied to 2007 (? Can’t explain this association!) for me.

[name]Felicity[/name] is stunning!

I like both names, but I much prefer [name]Felicity[/name]. I think it’s such a pretty name and has so many fun nn’s! :slight_smile: [name]Sienna[/name] is also cute, but has a totally differant feel to me.

I agree with many of the other posters— [name]Felicity[/name]! I do not dislike [name]Sienna[/name], just like [name]Felicity[/name] much more.

I prefer [name]Felicity[/name] over [name]Sienna[/name] immensely, and I don’t like either all that much in the first place.

But compared to [name]Sienna[/name], I think [name]Felicity[/name] is classier, more elegant and more refined, but has vintage spunk. Oddly enough, I don’t mind the [name]Siena[/name] spelling nearly as much as I do the [name]Sienna[/name] one.

Another vote for [name]Felicity[/name]! Why? No# 1- The meaning “happiness”; No# 2 - It has a fun and spunky sound; No# 3- It’s feminine and pretty without being too frilly and No# 4 - It has a cool nn Fliss. [name]Sienna[/name] is associated in my mind with actress [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Miller[/name] and the infidelity fiasco with her then boyfriend [name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name] a couple of years back. After he betrayed her with his children’s nanny, they broke up for awhile. Unfortunately, I believe they’re back together again (some women make bad choices). It’s a trendy name and lacks the timeless quality of [name]Felicity[/name].

[name]FELICITY[/name]!!!
but im partial since my dd is [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone! We are definitely thinking about using [name]Felicity[/name]. Kaer2010 - What are the so many nn’s? :slight_smile:

Ok, maybe “so many nn’s” is a bit of a stretch. :wink: I guess what I was thinking was there were more nn’s for [name]Felicity[/name] than for [name]Sienna[/name]. The nn’s I can think of are Fliss, Lissy or Liss. [name]Hope[/name] that helps a little! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Felicity[/name].