Felicity - wdyt?

I’m not pregnant right now, but this has been on my mind lately…what are your thoughts and impressions?

[name]Felicity[/name]. I want to like it but I always think of the show with the same name.

Oh I [name]LOVE[/name] this name! It has always been my top choice but my husband vetoed!

I really love [name]Felicity[/name], too, and it’s one of my favorites. :slight_smile: I love the sound, the meaning, and its classic feel. Some people may associate it with the American Girl doll by the same name, but I personally don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Some of my favorite [name]Felicity[/name] combos:

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] (which I wouldn’t personally use because I think it’s too virtuous…)
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Mae[/name]/[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think its really cute! Can’t you just picture a little girl with pigtails and bows in her hair giggling away with her freckles and dimples?..That’s what I picture, anyways, and it makes me smile :slight_smile:

A friend of mine was pregnant about 18 months ago and when we were talking about possible girl names we rediscovered this one and found we loved it. She had a boy in the end, but I’ve continued to appreciate it. I think it’s sweet but spunky.

I think it’s sweet and spunky too. I’m not sure I could get DH on board but his main objection is the TV show. But that’s not really a bad association and, really, it was a short lived show about 10 years ago. I asked how long do we have to hold on to these things, so he suggested [name]Maude[/name]. I reminded him that [name]Maude[/name] isn’t an option because it’s horrible (in my opinion) not because it was a TV show. This really belongs on that other thread about creative objections, I suppose.

gwensmom- your post just made me laugh out loud!

I find it very appealing! It strikes me as friendly, graceful, clever, and a bit rollicking at the same time, and hits the sweet spot of being familiar yet distinctive. It has a lighter sound or feel to me when compared with other four-syllable names.