Feliks

[name]Feliks[/name] is my top choice for boys. Also has been. I grew
up watching road to avonlea and this name always had a special place with me. I love the early 1900s vintage names and ones that aren’t so popular. we would likely spell it feliks because it is the European spelling and we are both European. Our other contenders are still [name]Milo[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], and [name]Henry[/name]. DH likes ‘henry lee’ I just don’t think I’m a fan of [name]Henry[/name] too much. It reminds me of rich socialite suburbanite type baby name or something…
Anyway my older sister whenever name talk comes up, she always has a negative comment about the name feliks. Like ‘blech’
or ‘yeh she’s probably not telling because her boys name is feliks, yuck’
it pisses me off. Although I told her the same when she was thinking of the name [name]Blake[/name] for her son I said it once, but not every time and definately not when [name]Blake[/name] is what they chose for their son, born in [name]September[/name] 09.
Sigh. I know it shouldn’t bother me but If we end up choosing feliks I hope she shuts her mouth!!

[name]Hi[/name] Clear! :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry that your sister is giving you a hard time about your favorite name. :frowning: For what it’s worth, I love the name [name]Felix[/name], and think it’s great that you want to use the European spelling, [name]Feliks[/name]. (I love every name on your list!) :slight_smile:

Have you asked her to stop the negative comments? I’m guessing you have, but you haven’t, you could always say something like, “[name]Even[/name] though we have different taste in names, I respect your taste, and I hope that you can respect mine. I understand that [name]Feliks[/name] isn’t your favorite name, but it would mean a lot to me if you could ease up on the [name]Feliks[/name] bashing, because it’s very hurtful, and [name]Feliks[/name] may be your nephew’s name.”

You could also just come here to talk about names, bypassing your sister’s negative feedback.

I hope you choose the name you love the most! :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

[name]Feliks[/name] beats [name]Blake[/name] any day of the week. I wouldn’t take her negative comments to heart. I love the name [name]Felix[/name] and I know that if I do use it some day my family members probably wont love it (They dont venture out much past name likes michael and james). Actually, I dont see them liking any of the boys name we have picked out, oh well. [name]Feliks[/name] is a fine name that your son will appreciate having.

AW yes thanks for the positive feedback!

I love every name on your list! [name]Felix[/name]/[name]Feliks[/name], [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name] are some of my very favorite names. We know a few Henrys so we can’t go with that, but I do like it.

Sisters can be tough. [name]Just[/name] know that she must be jealous of you or she wouldn’t feel the need to try and make you feel bad. And I have to say, your choices are much cooler [name]IMO[/name] than [name]Blake[/name] :slight_smile:

Yeh true. I just tend to ignore negative
comments anyways. It’s my baby!
I think sometimes she may be envious?? I am the youngest she is the oldest and we have another sister in between. No other siblings.
As the oldest she was the first to get married and now has three young kids. Me, while my partner and I live common law and choose not to get married, planned this pregnancy and child and I know she
has always thought differently of what’s in her eyes an ‘alternate’ way of living…
I’ll just stick to my guns on this one