Felix: great for a baby, but what about a man?

This has long been my husband’s favourite name for a boy (I’m pretty keen on it too), but I just wondered what people think about it?

I think it’s a great name, and no reason why it shouldn’t work on a man. There was a time when it wouldn’t have been “manly” enough for me, but things have changed, and in his generation (where half the names will be shared between boys and girls) I don’t think it’ll be a problem.

I think its great! [name]Jack[/name] Lemmon portrayed a [name]Felix[/name] in the Odd Couple and he was definitley not a baby. He was a little wierd, but I sure loved him in that movie. I say “Go For It!” Its a great name with great spunk and personality.

Good points! And I’m sure he’ll be a little eccentric with us as parents anyway!

I have [name]Felix[/name] on my long list and I’ve received nothing but crap from ppl about it. My DH thought I had totally lost it and my mom was like [name]Felix[/name] from the Odd Couple??? UGH!!!

I think it’s different and fun. It’s a refreshing change from hearing so many [name]Alex[/name]'s and [name]Alec[/name]'s.

It’s a definite up and coming name!

[name]Felix[/name] is a great name for a man!! My dad’s name is [name]Felix[/name]! I think it is def a name that will carry over very well into adulthood!

[name]Felix[/name] is a great name and his brother may be

[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]

I really like [name]Felix[/name], too, and can picture it on both a baby and a man.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Felix[/name]. I just gave my newborn son that name and it suits him well. It has a lot of character and will translate well into his adult years. Great masculine choice.

I love the name [name]Felix[/name]! The only association I have ever had with it is the cat. [name]Felix[/name] is such a great name I’d love to hear it being used.

Great for a baby and a man. [name]Love[/name] it.

Thanks for the great responses. I think [name]Felix[/name] is going to be the one, but we did change our mind at the last minute with our daughter… Only 5 weeks to go so we shall see!

Any thoughts on these middle names:

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Alban[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Milo[/name]/[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Kai[/name]/[name]Kay[/name]

Any other suggestions gratefully received!

Our surname is two syllable and begins with an R.

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Alban[/name] stands out immediately to me. I love its flow, and [name]Alban[/name] is lovely and unusual. I also love [name]Felix[/name] [name]Kai[/name], and [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name] is very handsome and classic. Something about [name]Felix[/name] [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Felix[/name] [name]Miles[/name] doesn’t feel quite right to me, but I love both those names. I think the only one that doesn’t work is [name]Scott[/name], because the x of [name]Felix[/name] and the s of [name]Scott[/name] sort of interfere with one another.

I vote for [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name]. Very strong sounding name.

Any thoughts on these new middle names:

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]

Thanks!

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]: I love [name]Oliver[/name], and think the combo is very handsome. :slight_smile:
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]: Something about this isn’t flowing as well for me, but I can’t put my finger on it. I think it’s the s sound in the end of [name]Felix[/name] and the end of [name]Tobias[/name]. Hmm…

Some more:

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] (I really love the flow of this. The B is unaffected by the X ending of [name]Felix[/name]!)
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]William[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Now I think this is a great combo, the quirky [name]Felix[/name] and the super handsome [name]James[/name].

A big vote for [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name]!

From your combos I like

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Alban[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name] - the most classic.

[name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Felix[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] has a great sound to it.

Let see-

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] - a pretty common mn though.
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] - a slight twist on classic [name]James[/name].
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Truman[/name]