Felix or Gideon

If you had to choose, which is your personal favorite?

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

Thank you!

1 Like

I much prefer [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. There’s no real reason but [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] just isn’t my style.

I really like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] which is completely underused and I have no idea why. I like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] too, but I’d go with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], its just that little bit more unusual.

Oh, they’re both such great names! I have to go with [name_m]Felix[/name_m] though–an impeccable combination of upbeat, energetic sound and a lovely meaning.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] all the way! [name_f]My[/name_f] associations with the name [name_m]Felix[/name_m] are Fix-it [name_m]Felix[/name_m] from Wreck It [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] Kjellberg aka Pewdiepie. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is so very handsome, though I do love the meaning of [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m]! [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] doesn’t appeal to me as much.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]! I love the meaning a lot more.

I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I’m not as enamored with [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and the nicknames Gid, Giddy and [name_m]Deon[/name_m]. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] makes me think of a popular cat food brand in the UK, sorry!

This is a really tough question, both are very handsome names! In the end [name_m]Felix[/name_m] wins because I adore it’s meaning. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is super nice too though, you can’t go wrong either way

Both are really great names.
At first blush I say [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but on a deeper level I really like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] better.

Absolutely love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! Never was too fond on [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. It’s not a bad name, just not a name I personally enjoy the sound off.

Absolutely has to be [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] always felt like the name people went for when they wanted a Bible classic that wasn’t too common (e.g. [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]).

Tough choice though i think I’ll have to go with the cheery and light [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

Both great names, but I’d choose [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. It’s a strong name without being at all harsh.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]… I can’t stand [name_m]Felix[/name_m] tbh.

Today, my vote goes to [name_m]Felix[/name_m]! I always imagine a fun, curious and energetic boy/man when I hear the name [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I love that it sounds very similar to “feliz” which means “happy” where I live.
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is a very handsome name too!

I absolutely love both of them, so I’m really no help here. They’re both wonderful names. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] to me feels more quiet, strong, and sturdy while [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is bright and happy and a little more jovial/flamboyant. But I can’t say I prefer one over the other, just different vibes.

I love love love [name_m]Felix[/name_m]!

Where do I start? Great meaning, cool soft-yet-spiky sound, long history, travels well, and has a very distinctive sound.

It’s fairly popular where I live (Top 100 or close to) and has been for a while, but I’ll never get bored of [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. It still sounds bright, fun and a little bit quirky no matter how many times you hear it.