FELIX

I’m seeing [name]Felix[/name] on a lot of name lists recently. I love the name and would like to use it, I’m just afraid it’s going to become super popular. I was wondering how many of you actually know somebody who named their baby [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s one of those names that has the potential to be mega popular?
Thanks

I know a [name]Felix[/name] but he’s [name]German[/name]! I don’t know any babies named [name]Felix[/name]. I think it’s a pretty cool name, though, so we’ll see!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Felix[/name], too, and at the moment, it’s only #354, which I personally don’t think is too popular. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote a blog about their predictions of the top names ten years from now, and [name]Felix[/name] did appear on the list. (Here’s a link: https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/12/28/the-top-baby-names-of-2020/)

[name]Felix[/name] jumped up from #398 to #354 over the past two years, and it will be interesting to see its rank when the new list comes out in [name]May[/name] (at least I think it’s in [name]May[/name]).

If you love it, I think you should go for it! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I know one adult called [name]Felix[/name] and one child (about 7 years old) called [name]Felix[/name] (i’m in Australia). I don’t think it will ever become very popular in Australia, i think there is still the thought that it is a cat’s name! So i think you’re pretty safe - go for it!

I like [name]Felix[/name] too but don’t know anyone with the name. I live in Northern [name]California[/name]. I was a bit surprised to see the name on the recent nameberry blog a previous poster referred to. I don’t see it as getting really big, more popular than the 350’s maybe, but not into the top 100.

I know one little [name]Felix[/name] (he is probably 3 years old) here in [name]Canada[/name], and one little baby [name]Felix[/name] that lives in [name]France[/name] with his French mother and Canadian father.

I absolutely love the name (it’s on my list of favourites) but, like you said, I have a feeling that it will become a lot more popular in the next few years.

I do not know any boys named [name]Felix[/name].

I don’t personally know of any [name]Felix[/name]'s though have heard of a lot of people liking it (I’m in the Uk) Maybe its one of those names that people like, but dont end up using.

I’ve just had a look and irs not in the UK top 100.I know its top 10 in Germany. [name]Don[/name]'t know about the US, but doubt it will be uber popular.

[name]Felix[/name] is more popular in [name]Quebec[/name] because I knew a few of them when I lived there. Now that I’m in Calgary [name]Alberta[/name] I NEVER hear it. I think it’s a pretty cool name.

who knows, i saw it on a top ten name list for the future, not sure if that really means anything.

I used to know a little boy named [name]Felix[/name], I think he’d be about 16 years old now. His parents were from Mexico, and I think [name]Felix[/name] is used there, although I don’t know how common it is.

I love the name [name]Felix[/name] and although I do see it getting more popular, I don’t think it will be super common.