Female fantasy protag name

Hi all,

Trying to pick a name for the female protag of a fantasy novel (spoiler alert she’s a dragon rider), about 20 years old, living in a mountainous tribal settlement. Physical description I haven’t really thought much of - naming will help - but I keep picturing her with red hair.

The original name I was going with was [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f], but it’s getting popular in fantasy novels so I’m a bit put-off. If it helps, her parents are [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] and [name_f]Hadriana[/name_f], her brothers are Zaniel, [name_m]Phelan[/name_m] and [name_m]Tam[/name_m], LI is [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]. Her dragon is Vadran. Protag is not the sort to like a long, flowery name (which I kinda want to give her anyway). She would use a nickname (would have used [name_u]Cal[/name_u] if I stuck with [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]).

So if you have time, feel free to pick a name from the poll, or suggest anything else <3

• Isadora
  • Cambria
  • Ceridwen
  • Theia
  • Cyra
  • Zara

0 voters

I like [name_f]Theia[/name_f] for this character! It’s decidedly feminine, but not flowery.

Cressida comes to mind x