Fen- names?

Hey, berries!

I love the name [name_f]Fenna[/name_f], but I can’t use it. Are there any other names starting with [name_u]Fen[/name_u] I should know about? [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] is so darling, but it sounds like “vanilla” with my accent.

(I do like [name_m]Fenn[/name_m], but that feels more like a middle name to me.)

Thanks!

Maybe…
[name_f]Fenja[/name_f]
[name_m]Fennec[/name_m]
[name_m]Fenton[/name_m]
[name_f]Fenne[/name_f]
Fenneke (I think this is a nickname typically but it could stand alone)

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Fenella[/name_f], with my accent it also sounds bad.

Fenaya ( fen eye ah)
Fenora
Fenley
Fernley
Fenwin
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
:heartpulse:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Fen[/name_u]- names too. One of my fave obscure ones is Fennor/e (alternative spellings are available), which I did a write-up on here :point_down:

And adding [name_u]Fennel[/name_u] as an unexpected nature name that I think deserves more love! :herb:

1 Like

This is not a [name_u]Fen[/name_u] name but I adore [name_f]Finola[/name_f] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fennore is perfect! Thank you so much! It was a fantastic read.

1 Like

Fenora :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hmm… how about:

Fenris / Fenrys
Fenrisia
Fenwick / Fenwicke (I think these are technically for a boy but I can totally see them working on a girl!)
Fenya / [name_f]Fenja[/name_f] / Fenia
Fennelle (this does sound a little close to “fennel”, but if that doesn’t bother you, it’s a beautiful name!)

1 Like

I’m curious, where DO you live for [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] & Vanilla to sound similar/the same?

Not OP, but I accidentally clicked into this and want to reply to it for the fact that I see where OP is coming from with this. They don’t sound exactly similar, but I totally see how saying [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] could sound like Vanilla with the V and F, and I and E sounds being quite similar already.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant, yes =)

2 Likes

Not OP but I live in the east coast US and vanilla is said as “vuh-neh-la” by some people. I say it as more like “vuh-nih-la” but I still see how [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] would sound like it, especially because the V and F in this case make basically the same sound where I live.

3 Likes