Fern

So awhile back I liked [name]Fern[/name] and I’m beginning to like it again! What do you think of it? Is it too hickish? Or vintage and quirky?
I don’t know about combos but I would like the middle name to have some meaning. Maybe [name]Fern[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Fern[/name] [name]Erica[/name]? [name]Erica[/name] is my mother’s name and [name]Catherine[/name] is my great grandmother’s name.

So thanks!

I really love [name]Fern[/name]. I think it’s beautiful, and I personally find it to be vintage and quirky - I don’t see “hick” in it whatsoever. I honestly think it has a sort of sophisicated, refined elegance about it mixed with that sharp spunkiness of childhood and a sort of bright feel to it. It’s definitely really gorgeous and fits in really well with [name]Linus[/name] and [name]Jane[/name].

If you want to mix the two, my suggestion would be [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Fern[/name]. I mentioned it to you before, but you could always call her [name]Fern[/name], especially if it is her middle name/ one of her MNs; you could also go with [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Fern[/name] [name]Erica[/name] as siblings, because chances are that you’ll have more than one child! Liking both [name]Fern[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] doesn’t mean necessarily sacrificing one or the other - it’s not about where you are now, more so as it is where you’ll be. And besides, no one can tell the future, so I would just keep both of those and then go from there. ^^

A few suggestions, if you don’t mind:

[name]Fern[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Ursula[/name]/ [name]Ursuline[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Angelique[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/ [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Fern[/name] Tisiphone [name]Catherine[/name] (ooh!)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Fern[/name]

If you need anything else, just say so. ^^

I really love Fern. I think it’s beautiful, and I personally find it to be vintage and quirky - I don’t see “hick” in it whatsoever. I honestly think it has a sort of sophisicated, refined elegance about it mixed with that sharp spunkiness of childhood and a sort of bright feel to it. It’s definitely really gorgeous and fits in really well with Linus and Jane.

If you want to mix the two, my suggestion would be Jane Catherine Fern. I mentioned it to you before, but you could always call her Fern, especially if it is her middle name/ one of her MNs; you could also go with Jane Catherine and Fern Erica as siblings, because chances are that you’ll have more than one child! Liking both Fern and Jane doesn’t mean necessarily sacrificing one or the other - it’s not about where you are now, more so as it is where you’ll be. And besides, no one can tell the future, so I would just keep both of those and then go from there. ^^

A few suggestions, if you don’t mind:

Fern Catherine Jane
Jane Catherine Fern
Fern Ursula/ Ursuline
Fern Magnolia
Fern Annabel
Fern Angelique
Fern Louise/ Louisa
Fern Jane Magnolia
Fern Tisiphone Catherine (ooh!)
Catherine Jane Fern

If you need anything else, just say so. ^^

Thank you so much! I kind of like [name]Fern[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Linus[/name]. But I always worry [name]Fern[/name] would be jealous since [name]Jane[/name] has more meaning than [name]Fern[/name] does. Out of the combos I like [name]Fern[/name] [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Fern[/name], [name]Fern[/name] Tisiphone [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Fern[/name]!

Thanks again :smiley:

I don’t think it’d be a problem if one of the middle names was important to you, because that way you’ll be honoring someone through her as well. Plus, that’ll probably be the least of her worries in her teenage years when that cute boy starts dating some cheerleader. :lol:

I may be in the minority on this one but I am not really a fan of the name. The character [name]Fern[/name] in [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name] does make me think of someone who is hick or out in the country. I was pretty obsessed with the Disney movie, so my opinion could be skewed :slight_smile:

I also think the sound is a bit harsh for my tastes, it reminds me of the word Urn which isn’t the best association.

Sorry! :frowning:

I love [name]Fern[/name]!! Super cute! I wish my husband liked it.

I love the name [name]Fern[/name]. It fits in nicely with the the [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rose[/name] & [name]Lily[/name]'s around right now but is fresher, kind of like [name]Ivy[/name]. I think since [name]Fern[/name] is such a short fn that going with at 2-3 syllables in the mn would sound nice (depending on how many syllables your last name is)

[name]Fern[/name] [name]Erica[/name] --not sure I like the double ‘er’ here
I really like [name]Fern[/name] Tisiphone [name]Catherine[/name] though its a bit of a mouthful!

I view [name]Fern[/name] as vintage and quirky. I like it.

I view [name]Fern[/name] as vintage and quirky also. It’s a lovely name that hardly anyone uses. I would love to meet a little [name]Fern[/name].

I love the name [name]Fern[/name]! I don’t think it is “hick” sounding AT ALL. I think it is a very sweet and fresh name.

I love [name]Fern[/name] it is beautiful name I would love to see a lot of little Ferns around, it would be so refreshing!

I had [name]Fern[/name] on my baby list 30 years ago and I loved it then and I still do.

[name]Fern[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] sounds beautiful
or
[name]Fern[/name] [name]Erica[/name] [name]Skye[/name]

All the best please let us know if you decide on this gorgeous name,

rollo

Thanks everybody!

I’m liking [name]Fern[/name] more and more. I just wonder if I tell her some day that I had always thought I was going to name her [name]Jane[/name] and tell her the reasons behind it she will be upset I gave her a name I liked instead of one with meaning.

Would you be upset?

Also what about [name]Fern[/name] [name]Erica[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

(P.S. I’m not expecting but I do like to think about this sort of thing :P)

Thanks so much!

I’ve always loved [name]Fern[/name] too.