Fernette??

Came across this while doing research. It was the name of one of the authors on a book.
What do you guys think? [name]Do[/name] you like it? It feels like it sounds like a liquor but I can’t put my figure on it.
Fancier version of [name]Fern[/name]? Or a completely separate name?
(I goggled it, thought not super thoroughly and only came up with this particular author).
I don’t know what I think but I figured I’d share.

Isn’t fernet a spirit (alcohol)? It’s also way too close to ferret for my taste.

My first thought was ferment, as in fermented fruit using in alcohol. I have no idea why!

Thanks Otter that’s what I was thinking of but it was so close it was confusing me.
I feel like her parents made this name up. [name]Just[/name] struck me as an odd find.

Immediately made me think of frenetic. I really like [name]Fern[/name], but Fernette seems like it’s trying too hard.

It seems like a made up name…

I don’t care for it. My grandmother’s name is [name]Fernande[/name] and that seems like a much nicer and substantial way to get to [name]Fern[/name] as a nickname. Fernette seems like a ridiculous smoosh.

I don’t like it, personally. It seems made up by someone trying to make the name [name]Fern[/name] more unique but not succeeding. :slight_smile: I just like [name]Fern[/name] much better! :slight_smile:

Fernette sounds to me like the Mykailuh of its time.