Ferris

1. Without dwelling on any associations with [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Bueller[/name_m] or [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] wheels, what vibe/feeling do you get from [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]? Would you consider the previously referenced associations positive, negative, or neutral (or are they not associations of yours at all)?

2. DD is named [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you think [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] fits in? [name_m]How[/name_m] about with potential siblings [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_f]Daria[/name_f], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and/or [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]?

3. What do you think of Fer (prn. “fair”) as an occasional nickname?

4. Middle name suggestions? So far I like [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], but I’m not 100% sold.

1. I can really only think of those two associations…sorry :confused: I wouldn’t really call them bad though (unless you count "[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]…[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]…[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]…). Notable, yes. Other than that, I think [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] sounds rather cool! Upbeat, friendly, the type of boy/man who would want to reach out and be anyone’s friend… I would sort of expect him to have a Scottish accent, though…lol.

2. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] do sound great together, in my opinion! I can see it working with the other potential sibling names, too. [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] does seem a bit too…modern…compared to [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], but it isn’t a big deal.

3. Fer is a most expected nickname. Makes sense. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it is spelled as a short form the the whole name, I’d pronounce “Fer” as “fur”, unless I knew better.

4. [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] sounds nice. [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]David[/name_m] are my only suggestions, right now. It’s tricky, because it would be best to avoid names that start with S, those that have heavy R sounds, and those that end with S.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] sounds playful and quirky to me. I think [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Bueller[/name_m] is a positive association though I’m not sure how well known it will be to future generations.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] are adorable together. I particularly love [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

I like Fer as a nickname, I can definitely see that being used casually.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] is perfect. Same nerd chic style and very handsome.

I immediately thought of [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Bueller[/name_m] (and the particular line “[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]…[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]…[name_m]Bueller[/name_m]” over the loudspeaker). I think the character/movie is a positive association, and one of people in their thirties/forties, so he’d probably only hear that from older generations and it would die out in awhile. [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] wheels are also positive of course. The other association I had was with the name [name_m]Harris[/name_m]. I prefer the more unusual, less surname-y [name_m]Ferris[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is great with [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and most of your future children’s names ([name_f]Junia[/name_f] and [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] seem misfit), and the combo [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] works.

Other spellings are [name_m]Farris[/name_m] and [name_m]Ferriss[/name_m] if you prefer. And [name_m]Farrish[/name_m] and [name_m]Ferrand[/name_m] are variations.