Fiance is being difficult. Please Help

So I thought we had decided on [name]Corbin[/name], but apparently [name]Jerry[/name] is obsessed with the name [name]Cale[/name] (he would like to use [name]Corbin[/name] for our second boy). He wants to use [name]Cale[/name] as a first name but I can’t think of any good names that would go with it and our last name (Lambdin). I think it would work better as a middle name, but I’m not sure what first names would be good either. Can you think of any names that would go with [name]Cale[/name]? (Middle and/or first names) We prefer unique modern names althuogh any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

I think there are a couple of problems with [name]Cale[/name]: it sounds just like kale, and it runs into your last name.

Have you considered [name]Caleb[/name] instead?

I have an ex named [name]Caleb[/name] so I don’t think that would go over so well :wink: Running into the last name was one of my concerns of it being a first name but it doesn’t seem too bad as a middle.

Too bad, I was so excited about [name]Corbin[/name]. I love [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name]. But both [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cale[/name] run into your last name. Maybe he would like [name]Colin[/name].

I was too! And then he had to go and ruin it :frowning: Although [name]Corbin[/name] and [name]Cale[/name] are cute together as brothers. He won’t go for [name]Colin[/name]. He’s really picky when it comes to names and sometimes he suggests the weirdest ones!

Ummm… how does he know you’ll have a second boy? If you both really like [name]Corbin[/name] it seems a little odd to “save” it for a hypothetical child when you could use it right now. Maybe he doesn’t like it as much as he said he does.

It is unfortunate that [name]Cale[/name] runs into your last name. [name]Colby[/name]? [name]Clark[/name]? [name]Keiran[/name]? (I’m terrible at this!)

lol thanks for the attempt :slight_smile: and [name]Cale[/name] is just his favorite. [name]Corbin[/name] gets second place in favorites with him… unfortunately

If you’re going with [name]Cale[/name], here are some mn suggestions:

[name]Cale[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

[name]Cale[/name] became interesting for me as soon as I found out it was derived from [name]Charles[/name].

Now [name]Charles[/name] would be superb with your surname, you could call him [name]Charlie[/name] and Dad could call him [name]Cale[/name].

[name]Kale[/name] the plant puts me off [name]Cale[/name] though.

[name]Charles[/name] is one of my very fave names! I love it even more than [name]Corbin[/name]. [name]Coleman[/name] is also a nice name. So are [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Clayton[/name].

The best name I love so far is [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Cale[/name] :slight_smile: I am absolutely in love with that name. Only problem is my brother in laws name is [name]Jonathan[/name]. I don’t think he would mind and the baby would go by [name]Cale[/name] probably, but it’s a thought :smiley:

[name]Jonathan[/name] is a very classic name.

I think that [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Cale[/name] is very handsome, although [name]Jonathan[/name]'s ending is similar to your last name’s ending, which may or may not bother you.

You may also like:

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Cale[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Cale[/name] (although [name]Benjamin[/name] and Lambdin have the same ending sound)
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Cale[/name] (ditto)
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Cale[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Cale[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name] [name]Cale[/name] (see [name]Benjamin[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Cale[/name] (ditto)
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Cale[/name] (ditto)
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Cale[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I jumped for joy when I saw [name]Jonathan[/name]. I hope this stays on your list.

[name]Cale[/name] reminds me of [name]Kale[/name] which is something I eat. If you really want to make ur husband happy then hide it in a middle name. If you really like [name]Corbin[/name] you should use it.

I actually knew a boy named [name]Cale[/name], well actually a teenager. I like this name a lot. [name]Cale[/name] and [name]Corbin[/name] are very nice together. Another poster pointed out that you may have all girls from here on out so [name]Corbin[/name] may never be heard of again :frowning: I prefer [name]Corbin[/name] over [name]Cale[/name] but still think [name]Cale[/name] is good choice.

Cale___Lambdin

[name]Cale[/name] [name]Dominic[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Jonas[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Josiah[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] Lamdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Macarthur[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Parker[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Romney[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Jefferson[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Sheridan[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Thatcher[/name] Lambdin
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Turner[/name] Lamdin