Fifteen days late...

…and totally worth it! Our little girl is FINALLY here!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] was born on [name_u]January[/name_u] 17 at 1:16 a.m. She weighed 9 lb 5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. Her giant head made it necessary for a vacuum to be used to get her out but she is perfectly healthy, happy, and absolutely adorable with a head of unexpectedly red hair.

We decided on her name very shortly after learning I was pregnant. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] had always been a front-runner, and when my husband decided he no longer liked [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (my personal favorite), [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] was the name I kept returning to. After the first ultrasound it just seemed to suit better than our other choices – we could tell we had a strong-willed, stubborn baby in there and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] felt like it suited a strong-willed child! We were so happy when we learned we were having a girl and were able to use this gorgeous name because we still don’t know what we would have named a boy! Her middle name, [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], is from the His Dark Materials trilogy by [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Pullman – a series we bonded over while dating.

We think the combination strikes the perfect balance between recognizable and not too common, practical and whimsical. It suits her beautifully. <3

Congratulations! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is a gorgeous name.

And yay! A new little redhead.

Congratulations! You made a gorgeous choice!

Congratulations! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is beautiful!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is beautiful! Congratulations!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is just lovely - congratulations!

Congratulations @northernlights! I really love the reference to His Dark Materials and the meaning for you and your hubby in [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] as the middle. :slight_smile:

Wow, you must be so overjoyed (and relieved) to finally meet her!

Congratulations, I love the name. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is so gorgeous in the middle - I first heard it in the HDM series too and fell in love!

Congratulations! [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is one of my favourite names and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is so pretty! nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is my favourite too!

Congratulations! Her name is just lovely :smiley:

I love the trilogy by [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Pullman, and she is so wonderfully named. :slight_smile: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] she’s finally arrived and oh-so healthy and happy!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is so beautiful! Two of my favorites! Congratulations!

I already congratulated you on the Momberries forum but YAY [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]! And YAY you! You are such a trooper, girl . Enjoy your little lady and rest up!

Gorgeous! Congratulations

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is beautiful choice!! Congratulations!!

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is gorgeous - the meaning behind [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] makes it even more special. Congratulations.

Oh wow, [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is absolutely stunning!

Thank you everyone!! We’re over the moon! =D

They used a vacuum on me (unnecessarily) and I had a bit of a cone head on the left of my head. Turns put I have high levels of calcium and it kinda calcified (didn’t ever look weird other than first few days. But I still have a bit of a bump) and am deaf in that side. Doctors don’t know why but we suspect it was from that because there are nerves in that part of the head that tell your brain what you’re hearing. (My parents didn’t figure it out until I was 3 years old and told them)

So I am completely deaf in my left ear thanks to the vacuum. Thought I’d mention so you could look into it to make sure she is completely healthy.

Such a beautiful name. Rosalie Lyra is stunning. Congratulations x