Final decision help

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]

I have been searching for a middle name for myself. My first name is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I have chosen then middle name but can not decide on the spelling. Any help appreciated.

Which spelling do you like better and why?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Cathryn[/name_f]?

Thanks.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is my favorite spelling of this name. To me it looks balanced and elegant. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Cathryn[/name_f] is a bit Y-heavy.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], definitely. More balanced and elegant, imo.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is very pretty! I agree that it somehow looks more balanced without the repeating “y.”

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a very beautiful, classic name in English and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is the same. The Y spelling to me is unnecessary and throws off the balance a little. A very beautiful choice though :slight_smile:

Definitely [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. I agree with previous comments that the balance is much better.

I much prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. It seems like the most original and classic spelling.