Final Deliberation!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer…

Respondents: 121 (This poll is closed)

• Nadia Katherine : 27 (22%)
  • Nadia Ruby : 24 (20%)
  • Fiona Katherine : 46 (38%)
  • Fiona Lillian: 24 (20%)

Both are pretty names.

I like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] more because to me it’s ages better as she grows up. Nicknames are cute, Nady or [name_f]Dia[/name_f].

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] while a sweet name seems like a little girls name to me, that paired with the possible nn of [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] would lead me towards [name_f]Nadia[/name_f].

Also, yes, I counted the letters because it’s clear you have too - [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] fits the letter count exactly with her big sister so I pick that because it’s a solid name and something else that will tie them together.

I know you have it down to two names but I can’t stop myself from suggesting [name_f]Flora[/name_f], it just seems perfect for your sibset. #sorrynotsorry

I like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! I think [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] sound lovely together. I like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] as the middle name because it is a little less matchy with bug sister, but maybe you prefer the matching!

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is a beautiful name as well, however (as a young twenty-something) I just cant shake the Shrek reference. Maybe that’s just me!

Actually, I have never counted the letters of my kids’ names! That is interesting though. I don’t really care if this baby has the same letters as [name_f]Julia[/name_f], I just happen to like names with the same vibe/length/syllables. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is beautiful but my husband hates it and thinks of it as an old lady name. Thanks!

I really love [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is a name that personally is not my style. Either way you have two wonderful names.

Blame it on being a mom, but I can’t shake that reference either. My eldest son used to watch Shrek ALL the time and so [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] really lost it’s charm for me.

Both [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] are great, but I love the flow of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] with your other kids names and your last name just a bit more! [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is a great combo (it also keeps an L in the name like your other kids)!

I love [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is drop-dead gorgeous, and I think it has the same classy flair as your older children’s names.

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] was on my list a while ago, so, naturally, I love it:) However, I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] best in the sibset. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is lovely!

I prefer [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] to [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a stunner of a combination. So that’s my pick. It has the same classic and sweet feel to me as your elder daughter’s name. [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] while nice, feels a little more stiff.

I chose [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] - spunky and distinct, and fits in as the youngest sibling to [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is a pretty name but pretty strongly ethnically Slavic to me. If you don’t have Eastern European background, it strikes me as a little odd. As a former gymnast, I’ll also always think of [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Comaneci!

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] used to be the new [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]…but [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] is the new [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] I feel is less common and is more unexpected. Exotic but smooth. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] are a little peppier.

Paired with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is gets a little spunk and charm, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] I feel tames it down too much.

I’d choose [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. I agree with the previous poster about the name [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] sounding Slavic. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] I think goes better with the surname [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] also has the exact same number of letters as her sister, [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I like that both middle names are classics. I think the name will age very well. I know some beautiful, successful young women who are named [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

My only other suggestion is [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. I have a grown daughter, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], who has always loved her name. She always went by [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] when there were many who were called either [name_f]Kate[/name_f] or [name_f]Katie[/name_f] Though it is a rather long name it is only two syllables. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is one of those classic names (like [name_f]Julia[/name_f]) that will never go out of style.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]

Personally, [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my favourite by far. It’s a little bit outside of the box but not so much so that it’s completely unheard of, it’s got a classical feel to it, and it fits beautifully along with the current trend of European-Exotic names that is in full swing right now ([name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], etc.). However, I don’t think it’s the right fit with [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. Normally conflicting styles don’t bother me too much, but [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] just seems a bit too different along side both [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] - so I would pick [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

Of your [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] combos, while I do love [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is stunning. I love that [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] isn’t as commonly used in the middle spot - kind of like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

I love [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (has such a lovely meaning too) and voted for [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] as the more classic combination (while I like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], I don’t like it with your last name). However, with sister [name_f]Julia[/name_f], I’m wondering if the -ia ending is too matchy. So [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] works too.

What about [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]? I voted for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

Or even [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]?

I commented on your other post, but I’ll weigh in one more time because I can’t resist: I adore [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. It has so much spark and charm to me. In my last comment I gushed over [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] because it’s just so perfect, but I really like both [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], but I actually ended up voting [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] because something about it sounds very strong and distinctive to me. It feels sophisticated and balanced. Both [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] combos are beautiful though.

To be honest, [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] just keeps making me think of the Spanish word “nadie” which means “no one,” and the term “nada” which means “nothing,” and I can’t shake those associations from my mind.

I voted for [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. I find [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] more stylish and unusual than [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], and I like the classic [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] in the middle, but [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely too.