Final List...FINALLY! Need some help going from 8 to 1!

Thanks for all of your help up until this point. We are now on the final list (I think :roll: :lol: ).

After months of not being able to narrow down a ‘kind’ of name we liked, let alone an actual name, dh and I have finally come up with a list of 8. Now we just need help trimming that list (and our little nameless-as-of-right-now girl could be born any day now).

Here’s the list. Comments, suggestions, anything. Please don’t hold back. I want to hear the good, the bad and whatever else you think of. Also, if you have nn suggestions for any of the names, that would be great. Thanks!!

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Story[/name]

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Sylvie[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]LIza[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]…not sure on the nn for this one, any suggestions as to cute unique nn for this one?

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Carly[/name] or ??? would [name]LOVE[/name] suggestions for nn’s on this one!

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Pippy[/name] or ??

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn-??? NEED suggestions for nn’s

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Shia[/name] or Shi

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn suggestions VERY [name]WELCOME[/name] as I am not sold on [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] (the only two I can think of)

She will be joining brothers:
[name]Jason[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] (nn [name]Jay[/name])
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (nn [name]Griff[/name])
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] (nn [name]Jack[/name])
and [name]Landon[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] (nn [name]Land[/name])

As you can tell, having a nickname is important to us. We often use them within our immediate family and lots of the time, close friends and other family members will use them as well. [name]Justine[/name] as the middle name is a for sure thing (dh insists and I am on board 100%). We might use a second name if we could think of a Greek name we liked with the letter ‘x’ in it.

[name]TIA[/name] for any and all help!! You guys have been so wonderful through this long process and I am very grateful! :smiley:

[name]Eliza[/name] is my favorite but kind of partial to [name]Astoria[/name] as well (i live right outside [name]Astoria[/name] Or)

Thanks for the input! Any suggestions for nicknames for [name]Eliza[/name]?

And I’m so happy that [name]Astoria[/name] doesn’t seem too ‘out there’ for you. Dh and I both adore the nn, [name]Story[/name]. However, we want our daughter to have something a bit less ‘cute’ as her formal name.

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: I’ve only ever heard this as the name of [name]Draco[/name] Malfoy’s future wife, so I would for sure assume that’s where you got it. (Is it?) [name]Asteria[/name] is another option-- it’s a name from mythology.

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: I love [name]Sylvia[/name], and the nickname [name]Sylvie[/name] is very cute. It sounds great with [name]Justine[/name], too. My favorite on your list!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: I can’t get over an [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name] (EJ) that I know slightly who isn’t the best association. That’s obviously just me, though, so definitely use it! It’s a fine name.

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: I’m not sure about the repeating sounds of [name]CarolEEna[/name] [name]JustEEN[/name]. Also, you might get a lot of people pronouncing it like the state. That said, I think it’s a really lovely name. Nicknames: [name]Callie[/name], [name]Caro[/name], [name]Carrie[/name], [name]Carla[/name], [name]Lina[/name], Lini, [name]Calla[/name].

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: I hate [name]Piper[/name]; I think it’s trendy, cutesy, un-namelike, and will likely become dated (if it isn’t already). [name]How[/name] about [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippi[/name]/[name]Pippa[/name]?

[name]Tatum[/name]: Ditto [name]Piper[/name]. Plus it’s super masculine, especially with [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Channing[/name] as an association. You have MUCH better on your list! :slight_smile:

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: Definitely not a fan of [name]Shiloh[/name]. 1. It’s the name of a famous battlefield. 2. It’s the name of a famous dog. 3. It’s the name of a famous celebrity baby. 4. I think it sounds cutesy and insubstantial.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]: This is such a sweet name! I really like [name]Violet[/name], even though it’s a bit trendy. It fits the best by far with your other kids’ names. I’m not sure it needs a nickname (it’s only two syllables!) but if you don’t like [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name], how about [name]Via[/name], [name]Viola[/name] (vyla), [name]Villy[/name], [name]Lola[/name] (maybe too much of a stretch? from viOLet), Vio, or [name]Leta[/name].

My favorites for you, in order: [name]Violet[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Carolina[/name]. :slight_smile:

From your list, I like the same names listed by Irisrose above – in a different order. [name]Justine[/name] is pretty in the middle!

I love all of these:
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name] – [name]Even[/name] though I am listing it last, I like it very much. I know someone working on a law degree named [name]Carolina[/name] [pronounced like the state/ one-syllable last name], and the name has a strong, classy feel to it.

As for [name]Astoria[/name]… I am not too familiar with it, but it is quite pretty. Since it is unusual, it might invite questions. Someone may kid her by turning it into the word “Hysteria.” The nn [name]Story[/name] is cute. It might invite good-natured teasing and comments (like “Tell me a story” - “how does the story end” etc.) which might get old. [name]Just[/name] something to be aware of.

I think [name]Astoria[/name] is pretty! Different! I knew a [name]Story[/name] is high school, she wasn’t made fun of or anything for her name so I wouldn’t worry so much about that. I always thought her name was cool!

I also like [name]Eliza[/name] from your list, I think the name and the potential nn’s go well with your other kids’ names.

I don’t think the last 3 “fit” with your family - they might not be your top choices though since they are listed last.

[name]Carolina[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] aren’t bad either, but I like [name]Astoria[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] more.

(FWIW, I do like the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books and didn’t make the connection with [name]Astoria[/name].)

I love [name]Astoria[/name]! And [name]Story[/name] is so adorable!
[name]Sylvia[/name] is nice, but doesn’t wow me like [name]Astoria[/name] does.
[name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Carly[/name] is sweet.
[name]Piper[/name], [name]Tatum[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] don’t really do much for me. They are cute, but give me a trendy or “star baby” vibe.

My favorite is [name]Astoria[/name]/[name]Story[/name]! I think it goes great in the sibset, too.

I love [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]! If you wanted a nn that’s a bit different, you could go with [name]Eli[/name]! [name]Liza[/name] is nice too.

I also really like [name]Carolina[/name]-- if you’re pronouncing it care-o-[name]LEE[/name]-na (rather than like the state), I really like the nn [name]Nina[/name].

I am intrigued by [name]Astoria[/name] nn [name]Story[/name]; I’m really liking it!

[name]Sylvia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are also very pretty.

I’m not a fan of [name]Piper[/name], [name]Shiloh[/name], or [name]Tatum[/name]; too unisex for me (and a little trendy)

I think [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name], [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name], or [name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name] are wonderful options! I would probably pick [name]Eliza[/name], but I’m biased because it’s a personal favorite. Good luck :slight_smile:

My favorites:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name] !!!
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]

A nickname for [name]Violet[/name] could be [name]Lola[/name], well it’s not a logical nn, but when I see [name]Violet[/name], I think of [name]Viola[/name] (vee-o-la) and then I think of [name]Lola[/name] :wink:

My favorites:

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name] is great! [name]Story[/name] is the sweetest nn. My name was unusual when I was growing up (although its in the top 20 now where I live! :roll: ) and was often asked about it, but that never bothered me, in fact it was a nice ice-breaker when I first met people and they would end up telling about their name which is how I got interested in names.

My favorites from your list are:

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name], but I would prefer the nn [name]Torie[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name], (pron. like the state) nn [name]Caro[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Carolee[/name], [name]Carrie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name], nn [name]Vivi[/name] (This is my favorite)

I think it would be neat if you could include a name with the letter X in it as you did with all your boys. The only two Greek ones I found were [name]Alexis[/name] and [name]Xenia[/name] (Ka-sain-ya). What about this combo: [name]Violet[/name] [name]Xenia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Story[/name]
[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Story[/name], it’s so eccentric and cute, but I’m not sold on [name]Astoria[/name].
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Love[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]! Great choice.
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]LIza[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]…not sure on the nn for this one, any suggestions as to cute unique nn for this one?
[name]Love[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] as well, it’s a great name all around. [name]Unique[/name] nns…[name]Elzie[/name]? ([name]ELLE[/name]-zee) that’s cute.
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Carly[/name] or ??? would [name]LOVE[/name] suggestions for nn’s on this one!
[name]Carolina[/name] is very sweet. [name]Caro[/name] is a unique nn- I know someone [name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Caro[/name]. or you could use [name]Lina[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Carrie[/name]…I like [name]Carly[/name] or [name]Caro[/name].
[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Pippy[/name] or ??
[name]Piper[/name] is one of the best modern names imo. [name]Pippa[/name]?
[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn-??? NEED suggestions for nn’s
[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Tatum[/name]. it sounds masculine.
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Shia[/name] or Shi
[name]Shiloh[/name]'s not my taste either, but it’s better than [name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn suggestions VERY [name]WELCOME[/name] as I am not sold on [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] (the only two I can think of)
I love [name]Violet[/name]! And I don’t like [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] either. [name]How[/name] about [name]Letta[/name], Vio, [name]Viola[/name]?
She will be joining brothers:
[name]Jason[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] (nn [name]Jay[/name])
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (nn [name]Griff[/name])
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] (nn [name]Jack[/name])
and [name]Landon[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] (nn [name]Land[/name])

My favorites: [name]Sylvia[/name] nn [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] nn [name]Elzie[/name] (i’m kind of loving [name]Elzie[/name] haha!), or [name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Letta[/name]?

My favorite is [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]. It really stood out to me. I really like the nns (some of these are for [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I think they work for [name]Eliza[/name]):
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Liza[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Liz[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
Lissy
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]

Good luck!

I love [name]Violet[/name]! [name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name] is my vote and I think the nickname [name]Leta[/name] is adorable.

I hadn’t ever heard of [name]Astoria[/name] but I love it!! I also like [name]Shiloh[/name]

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- [name]Astoria[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] go well together, and I rather like the name! [name]Story[/name] as a nn is so cute!

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- I love [name]Sylvia[/name], I wish it had a more substantial name meaning.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- [name]Ella[/name], Za-Za, [name]Zia[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lia[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Iza[/name], E.J.?

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- [name]Carolina[/name] is my mn, and I’m glad my parents gave it to me in the middle, because I am not a fan of [name]Carrie[/name], or [name]Lina[/name]; however, [name]Carlie[/name] and [name]Lena[/name] I like!

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- I am afraid [name]Piper[/name] will be ‘so far in, it’s out’ very soon. What you you think about Pheiffer?

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- If I saw [name]Tatum[/name] next to all your other boys names I would assume you had five boys. NN [name]Tate[/name]?

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- This may be my favorite, it’s very soft, and on the girls side thanks to young Miss [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name]. Shi or [name]Shia[/name] are both gorgeous.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- NN [name]Io[/name], [name]Via[/name], or just V? See my comments on [name]Piper[/name]. What about [name]Viola[/name], or [name]Violetta[/name]?

I would keep for the next round:

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]

and I like them for your family in that order.

[name]Hi[/name]!
Well, I love ALL the names on your list.

If you do decide to go by [name]Eliza[/name], I got loads of nicknames:

Elizalily/Elizalil (not really a shortening but a nice nn! haha)
[name]Lili[/name] (Lie-Lie)
[name]Lize[/name]
Ezzie

Good luck naming! xxx

I like:
[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
and

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Story[/name] – Okay, I’m being honest here, but I don’t like this at all. I think [name]Astoria[/name] sounds like you are trying to sound fancy, and I’ve always thought [name]Story[/name] was so immature sounding.

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Sylvie[/name] – I think [name]Sylvia[/name] is very pretty, and it’s sad that it’s so underused. I always picture a beautiful young woman when I think of a [name]Sylvia[/name]. Not a big fan of [name]Sylvie[/name], but it’s not bad.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]LIza[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] – I love the name [name]Eliza[/name]. It’s so beautiful and classy. [name]Liza[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] both send it downhill a little to me, although [name]Ellie[/name] is cute. You could always call her EJ!

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Carly[/name] or ??? – [name]Carolina[/name] is pretty. [name]Carly[/name], [name]Cally[/name], [name]Lena[/name]/[name]Lina[/name] …

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Pippy[/name] or ?? – [name]Piper[/name] is one of my favorite names of all time! I don’t like [name]Pippy[/name] though. A friend just named her baby [name]Piper[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and is using PJ as a some of the time nick.

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn-??? – I love [name]Tatum[/name]!

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Shia[/name] or Shi – I haven’t fallen for this name yet, but it’s not bad. I really have never liked Shi or [name]Shea[/name] or anything like that.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- – I’m kind of over [name]Violet[/name], though I still love the flower. [name]How[/name] about [name]Vivi[/name] for a nick?